uhf repair

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watchdogg

Reaction score
Does any body know a good place in melbourne to get my uhf repaired. its a gme tx3440. the warranty has ran out, and the problem i have got with it, is the unit plug its self. when I plug in the plug doesn't click in all the way, it literally sits back by a couple ml. it clicks in, but I can operate the unit speak to people etc etc, but I can't hear them, its like the volume is all the way down, when in fact its all the way up. if i hold the plug and push it in that little bit more it clicks, and I can hear people like normal again. its a real pain in the ass and i'm going to need to get it sorted soon as i want to fix it before i install my roof console. suggestions would be appreciated. cheers.

Does any body know a good place in melbourne to get my uhf repaired. its a gme tx3440. the warranty has ran out, and the problem i have got with it, is the unit plug its self. when I plug in the plug doesn't click in all the way, it literally sits back by a couple ml. it clicks in, but I can operate the unit speak to people etc etc, but I can't hear them, its like the volume is all the way down, when in fact its all the way up. if i hold the plug and push it in that little bit more it clicks, and I can hear people like normal again. its a real pain in the ass and i'm going to need to get it sorted soon as i want to fix it before i install my roof console. suggestions would be appreciated. cheers.

is it the mic jack wont sit in that your talkin about?

Is it an RJ-45 (like a plastic computer cable) type plug? If so, you can just cut the original off, and re-crimp the cable. You'll just need a wire diagram to get the wires lined up with the right contacts, and Google will be able to provide that.

I'm going to ask the stupidest question here.

Is there anything stuck inside the socket that the plug goes in, or is there something stuck on the end of the plug?

I'm going to ask the stupidest question here.

Is there anything stuck inside the socket that the plug goes in, or is there something stuck on the end of the plug?

lol! nah. I just checked again. the socket the mic plugs into. it moves back and forth... piece of shit...

yeah, RJ45 plugs can do that at times ... with computers, i just throw them away and get a new cable.

as already said, you can 'cut' the existing plug off, and any decent electrician who's got the right crimping tool can put a new plug on the lead for you. They can use the existing plug to make sure the coloured wires go back in the right sequence.

So is it the socket within the radio or the plug on the cable that is moving and not allowing it to connect properly?

Mitch

He's saying its the 'socket' so it will need to be opened up and repaired....likely resolder to pcb...

So it is, i just re-read it. In that case are you at all remotely technically minded? wouldn't be too hard of a job to fix i'm sure, unless worried about warranty, but if so this would be covered anyway i'd think.

I'm in contact with GME. they are checking the serial number for me to see if its covered. but regardless I'm going to send it in and get it reapaired, cheers for the posts.

Latest posts

Back