Exhaust Problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

Reaction score
Hi I have just got a 2.5 system fitted from the turbo,
However I hear and feel as if the exhaust is hitting somewhere under the passenger seat,
I took it back and we put in on the hoist and could not see any marks or indications where the sound is coming from any help would be greatly accepted,

Scouse

Yeah I would say it is hitting under the passenger door. Mine did it. Took ages to work out where it was hitting. Take it back to them and tell them to make sure there is plenty of clearance near the body. All they will do is heat it up and bend it further away from the body. When these motors are under load they torque up and the gearbox and motor twist to the right.

I actually moved my gearbox to exhaust bracket to a cross member so the pipe doesn't twist with the gearbox. There is a flexi join just before the bracket so it shouldn't crack anywhere.

Thanks Big orse I will have a good look and inform them of your advice I hope I can find it as it is really pissing me off as i love my NAV and little things like this get me to me
all the best

SCOUSE

Mine does it to, only when I have a big trailer on the back in first gear and doing donuts.

Scouse got a pic of your sunroof ?

Dave.

I mean't to say either a big trailer on the back or doing donuts.

Ain't trying that combo together.

Dave.

Sun Roof

Dave
as soon as some one shows me how to put pics on I will post a couple
its a hollander type same as what factory holden and ford use,Looks great and I got a fabric roof linning at the same time.

Scouse

oh also thanks for the advice on the exhaust.

Get a photobucket account and you can upload the pics to there server.

Copy the image code I think it is, the 4th box anyway and paste it on this forum. Remember to tick the box.

Dave.

Back