Dobinson springs with Bilstien shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam2108

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has this setup as I have ordered today and fitting on weekend

I bought Dobinson medium springs 200kg ,standard torsion bars ,
bilstien shocks all round ,greaseable shackles and bushes , and if so would you recommend upgrading torsion bars aswell , I only have the nissan alloy bar on front

thanks hope to hear if anyone has this setup

Last edited:
Hey Adam
I'm thinking about getting bilstein shocks and dobinson springs, are you happy with yours? Spoke to zordo today and said i wanted the bilstein shocks, he recomends blue max springs and hd torsion bars to go with them. Just trying to decide if the dobinsons would be better.
Anyone got any feedback on these products?

I fitted Blue Max torsion bars and Blue Max shockers on front 12 months ago. All was fine until we did the Googs track last week and both the shockers lost all their oil. Blue max are replacing them at no cost but I am wondering why they didn't make the grade. They have a 3 year, 60 thou warrantee.

Hey Adam
I'm thinking about getting bilstein shocks and dobinson springs, are you happy with yours? Spoke to zordo today and said i wanted the bilstein shocks, he recomends blue max springs and hd torsion bars to go with them. Just trying to decide if the dobinsons would be better.
Anyone got any feedback on these products?

I went Dobinson's all round from Zordo's and I'm happy with the front end but the rear is still a bit harsh and bouncy even with the comfort springs.

When money is permitting I plan to upgrade all the shocks to Bilsteins because you can get them for $400 shipped from the US. Then might try those Sax 3 stage rear springs that Rusty has in the back of his D22 if I have some extra cash to throw around.

Last edited:
I went Dobinson's all round from Zordo's and I'm happy with the front end but the rear is still a bit harsh and bouncy even with the comfort springs.

When money is permitting I plan to upgrade all the shocks to Bilsteins because you can get them for $400 shipped from the US. Then might try those Sax 3 stage rear springs that Rusty has in the back of his D22 if I have some extra cash to throw around.

Thanks for the feedback, i might give the blue max springs a go then. Would love to get the sax 3 stage but they are a bit expensive at the moment, maybe in the future.

Thats a good price for the bilsteins, where abouts in the US? Have you got a link for them and the right part numbers.

That price was from http://www.eshocks.com/

This was the quote I got from them late last year:

Invoice Number: 237253 Invoice Date: 10/21/2011
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QTY Item # Description Price Total
2 24-002585 TOYOTA REAR SHOCK (B46-0258-H1) $67.95 $135.90
2 24-187824 Nissan Front (B46-1099-H2) $67.95 $135.90

Sub-Total $271.80
Sales-Tax $0.00
Shipping $0.00
Total* $271.80

Shipping would be roughly $125-135.

That price was from http://www.eshocks.com/

This was the quote I got from them late last year:

Invoice Number: 237253 Invoice Date: 10/21/2011
QTY Item # Description Price Total
2 24-002585 TOYOTA REAR SHOCK (B46-0258-H1) $67.95 $135.90
2 24-187824 Nissan Front (B46-1099-H2) $67.95 $135.90

Sub-Total $271.80
Sales-Tax $0.00
Shipping $0.00
Total* $271.80

Shipping would be roughly $125-135.

How come it says toyota rear shock, are they the same?

Latest posts

Back