Gippsland 4wd Shops (Traralgon Area)?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Hey guys. I know there are a few people from Gippsland on here so need some opinions on the local shops around Traralgon.

I have a snorkel on the way from Gary at Nizzbits so now need somebody to install it. Was thinking of doing it myself but struggling to find time for myself at the moment with work.

Looking to have it done around Traralgon/Morwell area, any suggestions who will do the best job, not worried about cost so much, more that the job is done right.

Even if you have had other work done and was happy with the service id like to hear.

Thanks Pete

There is a new(ish) 4wd shop in Morwell no idea who they are or where they came from but they are on the road that runs parallel to the highway from Mad Valley. Crieghtons are always good to deal with and do know their stuff. Otherwise I only know of backyarders/mates that don't do commercial who I do trust or certain business's I don't trust, which I shouldn't really name.

Hey mate, Yeah i did see the new one in Morwell, haven't got to have a good look there yet.

Bought my bash plates from Crieghtons TJM, was very happy with how fast they got them in. Was thinking of having them do it or maybe Traralgon 4WD Centre?

I understand not naming the business's, but knowing the bad ones would be handy to, could you PM me those ones maybe.

The other one i spose is ARB behind Shell.

I'm not from that area but I'm not a fan of getting other companies like arb to install stuff for me. Unleashed its a locker or similar. My brother has a snorkel supplies and fitted by my local arb and they didn't install properly and it leaked and sucked in water in all the joins. We had to pull off and seal ourselves.

Just be weary of who u get to do it. I installed my snorkel with a few mates and it took us 3/4 day only cause we has to pull it on and off a few times to get it all together properly. We didnt read the instructions Hehe only used the template to get the holes right. Easy to install.2-3 hours and its done

Put it this way I'd choose Crieghtons over Tony every day of the week. Tony can't fix Range Rovers, Mazda's or Cruisers and he's had a heap of chances. Crieghtons may not always be the cheapest on bits and pieces but their service is always good (in both businesses) and they do know there stuff.

And if your looking for a decent auto elec you can't go past Scotty next door to Criegthons (the old bus depot), the guy knows his stuff and we used to call him out at 3am to fix the trucks and he was always there for us. I do all my own autoelec work these days but if I ever need anything Scotty is the guy I see.

Pete - the joint behind Shell is ARB and they fitted my Safari with no issues at all.

The guys at Jones Motors would do it for you I would think.

The new one in Morwell is opposite Alpine Country - some big rigs hanging around out the front from time to time - haven't been in myself but being a new business they are probably keen to make an impact by doing a good job first up so as to build up a solid reputation.

I'm not from that area but I'm not a fan of getting other companies like arb to install stuff for me. Unleashed its a locker or similar. My brother has a snorkel supplies and fitted by my local arb and they didn't install properly and it leaked and sucked in water in all the joins. We had to pull off and seal ourselves.

Just be weary of who u get to do it. I installed my snorkel with a few mates and it took us 3/4 day only cause we has to pull it on and off a few times to get it all together properly. We didnt read the instructions Hehe only used the template to get the holes right. Easy to install.2-3 hours and its done

I hear what your saying mate. Want it sealed up good first time around.

Thanks Krafty, may give Crieghtons the job and ill keep the auto elec in mind if i need some work done in the future.

Hey Ridgie, was going to get the guys at Jones Motors to do it, still might. Only reason i was looking in Traralgon is it will be easier to drop off while at work.

You make a good point about the new joint in morwell. I wasn't aware they even had a workshop out the back. Need to pay a bit more attention when driving..lol

Pete

Go to Racebred 4wd in Crinegan Rd Morwell. His name is Alan, he is a good mate of mine, tell him Steve from LV4wd sent you.
Creightons are rouges as for as i'm concerned and i have heard some stories about Yatesy.

Pete -I'm only assuming they have a workshop.

Racebred is also new isn't it sossel? I've heard they had opened up. What type of work do they do?

Go to Racebred 4wd in Crinegan Rd Morwell. His name is Alan, he is a good mate of mine, tell him Steve from LV4wd sent you.
Creightons are rouges as for as i'm concerned and i have heard some stories about Yatesy.

Thanks Sossel, ill give them a call when the snorkel arrives. They do mainly 4wd custom & fabrication work dont they?

Pete

Alan mainly builds comp trucks, I used to be his navi in comps but my knees cant handle comp stuff anymore[2 x outback challenges with a top 10 finish in 1]. He also does sliders, drop boxes and general fabrication, the business has been going for 4 or 5 years now and the stuff he makes is top notch.

I used to work with one of the owners of the new joint in saskia way, scotty, he's a top tradesman and has built some pretty good comp rigs for himself.
I wouldnt hesitate to leave my truck with him, or try a panelshop my bro says they've done a fair few over the years

I used to work with one of the owners of the new joint in saskia way, scotty, he's a top tradesman and has built some pretty good comp rigs for himself.
I wouldnt hesitate to leave my truck with him, or try a panelshop my bro says they've done a fair few over the years

Around this area many of the panel shops are dodgier than even the most dodgy of mechanics but your right they will do it and there has to be one of them that is worth using somewhere :smile:

So the new guys aren't new to 4wding but are they new to business or have they come from other businesses in the area and just started working for themselves?

Thanks mate, might go have a chat with them and have a look in the shop on monday.

Racebred wasn't open friday arvo so no go there yet. Hopefully get to have a chat to both of them monday arvo.

I only know one of the boys, he's a fitter by trade but very good with fabrication as well. Definately not new to 4WDing he has built comp trucks before and been doing winch challenges ect.
There is a couple of really good panel shops round here you just need to know where to look.

Yeah in 28 years of living here I've known or know people who've dealt with most of them in Tgon and Morwell and still stand by the comment that very few panel beaters in this area are worth shit.

I only know one of the boys, he's a fitter by trade but very good with fabrication as well. Definately not new to 4WDing he has built comp trucks before and been doing winch challenges ect.
There is a couple of really good panel shops round here you just need to know where to look.

Went in there tonight.

Tried racebred 4wd a few times but no one seems to be home when i go, so went into the new one, the young bloke in there was very helpful so i booked in.

He seemed like a really good guy, didnt get his name though. Showed him what i have planned, as i'm using a yd25 snorkel, not the zd30 one. Pre cleaner etc will have to be removed and a few extra holes drilled.

Seemed to know his stuff alright, quite busy in there already also. Looking forward to seeing how it all goes. So far so good.

Pete

Latest posts

Back