Impact of snorkel on performance

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

group3j

Reaction score
Howdy,

Currently trying to decide whether or not to install a snorkel. I'm not planning on driving through deep water crossings, however I see a snorkel as fairly cheap insurance vs the cost of a new engine (we all know things can go a bit wrong in the bush sometimes).

My main concern is that the snorkel will negatively impact on the performance of the truck. So, I'm just wondering from those who've fitted snorkels after they purchased their truck, what sort of change they saw in terms of drivability and general performance.

Many ta's.

In 4x4 action they covered adding a snorkel for fuel economy resason and it pays off. I just added a safari snorkel to my D22 and haven't noticed any changes good or bad, I got it for water crossings and dusty roads to keep intake in cleaner air.

I thought we'd just covered this too but anyway ... if you're going to do water crossings, a snorkel is good, but you'll also find a great deal of benefit in having a wading bra. Placed across the front of your bull/nudge bar, it creates a bow wave as you move through the water, reducing the amount of water getting into the engine bay and importantly preventing any debris from damaging your intercooler/radiator/aircon condensor/oil cooler.

Latest posts

Back