STX 550 XROX Bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgleeson

Reaction score
I have recently purchased and had fitted a XROX bullbar through Opposite lock at Sunshine coast QLD for my STX 550. XROX in WA failed to fit one to a 550 with the bumper cut. The wings they sent are for the old model D40 bumper and do not fit to the shape of the current body bumper.

They need a 550 taken into WA to get new wings measured up, designed and built. I am sure XROX will help out with costing for this.
I have been wiating 2 months now and they still are unable to get a car in.

Is their anyone in WA with a 550 that wants a XROX bar and can take their car in to get it measured up?

Also does it have to be a 550? Does the current STX have the same bumper?

I think the front chassis is different, so this may still create a problem.

Cheers

Can't help as i'm in NSW but i am interested in that bar for my 550.

How have they solved the airflow/intercooler drama?

can you post up a pic of the bar and some details on where they are located in Perth.. I have a 550 and am looking at bar options now... oh and located in Perth...

chookc said:
can you post up a pic of the bar and some details on where they are located in Perth.. I have a 550 and am looking at bar options now... oh and located in Perth...

I'll post some pics up next week when I'm home mate.

some photo's for you chookc. i'll have to find out for you where they are located if you are interested.

As you can see the wings don't fit the shape of the bumper.

Attachments

• IMAG0245.jpg
    IMAG0245.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 1,075
  • IMAG0247.jpg
    IMAG0247.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 2,735
  • IMAG0248.jpg
    IMAG0248.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 746
  • IMAG0252.jpg
    IMAG0252.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMAG0250.jpg
    IMAG0250.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 2,251
Last edited:
doesn't look too bad though, must be because the new shape front end is longer.

Did they say anything about the intercooler? pretty sure these cars aren't supposed to have winch bars fitted due to the position of the intercooler & having airflow blocked, be interesting to know whether XROX engineered the bar to suit or not, if not i'd be a bit careful as it will void the warrenty blocking the intercooler. Theres a thread on here about it somewhere.

PS what wheels & Tyres you running? I'm in the market for some

Cheers
Rich

yeah, its nearly bearable until they fix it.

I'd say if they can't even get the design of the body right, that they haven't even thought about the intercooler flow issues. I am looking at bringing the intercooler up as northside 4x4 suggests.

The steel rims are 17x8 Dynamic from tyrepower. Tyres are 285/70/17 4 Rib ATZ's. You will need to modify the front guards and inner plastic wheel liner to get them to fit though. with a 2 inch OME lift.

It looks great - but I don't quite get these bars:dontknow: With the amount of roos & emus that I've had run-ins with I would want hoops up over the headlights (taken more than one strike there) - so what's the story with not having them on the xrox?

N

It looks great - but I don't quite get these bars:dontknow: With the amount of roos & emus that I've had run-ins with I would want hoops up over the headlights (taken more than one strike there) - so what's the story with not having them on the xrox?

N

Aesthetics mate, I don't think they've ever been marketed as the worlds strongest bar, but they give you a spot for a winch, increase in approach angle & look good too (in my opinion, plenty who agree, plenty who don't).

I'm keen on one of these as it will help no end with off roading, and I don't cop too many roo's & emu's in Sydney!

Aesthetics mate, I don't think they've ever been marketed as the worlds strongest bar, but they give you a spot for a winch, increase in approach angle & look good too (in my opinion, plenty who agree, plenty who don't).

I'm keen on one of these as it will help no end with off roading, and I don't cop too many roo's & emu's in Sydney!

No, I guess you wouldn't :big_smile:

I reckon they look fine & if they were a more complete bar I'd likely grab one too!

nice! I orderd a Xrox from OL a week back for my D22 as they are currently throwing in 240blitz driving lights with any bar sold at the moment. Does the number plate get in the way of the winch outlet?

Last edited:
it might do mate. If you have dyneema rope and the aluminium hawse you might fit it above with a slim line plate.

Bump, any update on this?? also how much of the intercooler does this block and have you any concerns about it??

I'm nearly thinking I may just bite the bullet and get one and modify the wings myself. Was it a direct fit other than the wings to the 550??

Had no takers on the wings situation yet unfortunately. Not too concerned about the intercooler, waiting on Northside to have an aftermarket available.

Opposite lock on the sunshine coast fitted the bar. The chassis mounts are different from the 2.5, but it was a straight bolt on apparently. Only the wings that are out.

I guess XROX must off fitted the bar to a 550 with the bumper removed as they couldn't cut up a dealers car. Prob why only the wings are out.

Looking at modifying mine at the moment.

Update. Got a phone call from opposite lock yesterday. They will have my new wings in 2 to 3 weeks.

Back