Pillar Pod with gauges install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180%JOE

Reaction score
Hey all I have just completed installing a gauge pod with a boost gauge and Volt meter for the dual battery. I bought both gauges from ebay for $30 delivered and the pod is a universal one that I modded by cutting, heating and moulding to fit the a-pillar. Here are some pics;

890A99E5-orig.jpg

There are three clips on the pillar that can be pryed off.

ECD6B1CF-orig.jpg

I then drilled holes through the pod and pillar and used nutserts in the pillar to bolt the pod to it (instead of weak double sided tape)

D8722243-orig.jpg

3F56CA38-orig.jpg

Next I fitted the gauges to see if they all lined up well.

4A2B1B5A-orig.jpg

For the gauge lights I tapped into the steering column and spliced into the lights on and off switch.

20AEA2D5-orig.jpg

I then fed the wires and boost line through the firewall and through the pillar to the gauges.

04BFB096-orig.jpg

Here are the completed gauges all mounted, matching and working.

672A2941-orig.jpg

im looking at doing something pretty simillar, except with boost and EGT.. where did you get the pods from? also is it just me or do those pods look as though they are facing upward, rather than back to the drivers eyes.. i guess the pods are probably made for skylines etc with more laid back pillars

im looking at doing something pretty simillar, except with boost and EGT.. where did you get the pods from? also is it just me or do those pods look as though they are facing upward, rather than back to the drivers eyes.. i guess the pods are probably made for skylines etc with more laid back pillars

Here's Mine

P5250008.jpg

P5250011.jpg

And at night
gaugenight8.jpg

Got the POD of ebay uk (universal 60mm dual pod.)

Also shows max boost of a zd30 with 3" exhaust. 1.05Bar ~15.5psi

Last edited:
Here's Mine

P5250008.jpg

P5250011.jpg

And at night
gaugenight8.jpg

Got the POD of ebay uk (universal 60mm dual pod.)

yeh i like the angle of those much better... can you give us a link to that on ebay mate? also were they the same contour as the pillar cover? or had to customise them ? cheers

yeh i like the angle of those much better... can you give us a link to that on ebay mate? also were they the same contour as the pillar cover? or had to customise them ? cheers

Slightly customised, 5mins with grinder. Make sure you get 'em form UK (not the US as the original posters look like) They drive on the same side of the road as us unlike in the US where the pods are designed for the other side of the car. Just look on ebay UK for 'universal POD' bought mine over 2 years ago.

Hey tommy, what gauges are those ones? They look pretty cool.

Apexi elII's. Electronic gauges. Have waring light and memory function(never used) and come with sensors rather than running boost lines into the cabin.

I did mine pretty much exactly like tommy, except i used 52mm gauges

I think the d22 designed ones are too expensive for what they are and dont look any better than the universal ones if fitted properly (they're not hard to fit either). Also with the designed ones, I'm told you need to cut the threads shorter on the back of the gauges to make them fit in the pod, the uni ones fit without cutting the threads.

Pix, dont get that one, it wont fit too well.

This one looks exactly like the one I used, just make sure you get the RIGHT hand drive one as they seem to be selling both left and right. Should fit nicely.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UNIVERSA...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33656b3e71

Latest posts

Back