Looking for Steel Rims to suit 285/75/16

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane

Reaction score
as the title says i am looking for steel rims 16 x 8 to suit a 285/75/16. I believe they need to have a +20 offset from what ive read round the forum. but all i can seem to find and from what the tyre dealer has told me you can only get them in a 0 offest in a 16 x 8

does anyone know where to get them from?? Or if i can get away with the 0 offset and just whip some flares on. Im in Pakenham, Vic.

Im hoping to have them fitted for the weekend.

Any and all help greatly appreciated

Hey duane

Kings do a 16x8 in pos20 offset and you can get them from Jax quikfits for around the $100 each mark. I'm pretty sure bob Jane do them aswell but sometimes more expensive.

Goodluck

Thanks for your help Rusty, but after many phone calls about rims it turns out that they dont make a 16 x 8 with a plus 20 offset for a D40. Something to do with the not so standard PCD.

However they do make one with a zero offset, so my question now is...... has anyone got a set of 16 x 8 with a zero offset on there D40? How far do they or would they hang out past the guard and if so how big are the flares you got to throw on?

Thanks for your help Rusty

Thanks for your help Rusty, but after many phone calls about rims it turns out that they dont make a 16 x 8 with a plus 20 offset for a D40. Something to do with the not so standard PCD.

However they do make one with a zero offset, so my question now is...... has anyone got a set of 16 x 8 with a zero offset on there D40? How far do they or would they hang out past the guard and if so how big are the flares you got to throw on?

Thanks for your help Rusty

Depending if you have a Thai or Spain build, 0 offset will hang out very far and very FnK far!.

Or 43mm for Thai and 58mm for Spain. In other words they don't fit.

Aaahahaha, FnK. so what your saying is that it cant be done. you cant physically put a set of 16 x 8 on a D40 without it causing untold overhang outta the guard.

What are my other options? im keen as to have a set of 33' on the old girl. 17 x 8 or evena set of 15 x 8 and just shave done the brake caliper?

Mate I'm sure you get get 16x8or7" onto you d40 I have seen a number of them in my area with bigger then usual tires on. Keep looking even try eBay

I think you fit alloys 16 x 8 +25 for a Spain, but that still adds 18mm extra outside the guard. and move the rim 8mm closer to the strut. Not much range either.

Dynamic in Melbourne make steeelies in 16x8 with a D40 PCD and zero offset. The offset will cause the tyres the stick out past the guard but just throw some flares on the arches and your done.

Just purchased 16x8 +20 set of Black steelies from Goodyear, But they're for a D22, Cant believe they would change the stud pattern for the D40 to be different to just about every other 4x4?

What the!!

Redman - It has become the hardest thing ive ever tried to get sorted. The PCD of a D40 is just a bitch to get rims to suit it with a positive offset.

Bosshog - Have you done that? just smashed some 16 x 8 on with 285/75 or do you know anyone who has? all im lokinf for now is some confirmation on what other people have actually done.

I am starting to realise that 33' under a d40 my actually be impossible. what is the biggest people in this forum have done under there own cars?

ANyone here driving on a set of 255/85/16??

plenty people getting about on 33's, keep looking through the forum.

But yes it is a pain in the arse getting rims to fit

plenty of d40's getting around with 285/75-16 on 16x7's. or what type of tyre are you looking at running, im looking at going to 33x11.5-16 in silverstone extreme's

am looking at getting maxxis bighorns 285/75/16. a mate has a set on his hilux and he is almost unstoppable when we're driving.

i got a 2 inch suspension lift and a 2 inch body lift so i recken there is plenty of room under the d40 for them. problem is i cant just walk into a tire joint and try them on. noone stocks rims to suit the car.

got the day off today so im gana go for a drive round and try my luck with a few random dealers.

I've got Mickey Thompson MTZ's on my D40. They're 285/75/16, and i've got them fitted to black king 16x7 steel wheels. Even with the 5 inch calmini lift, I still had to chop some of the front guards. Looks tough, and the tyres still hang out about an inch out of the guards.

well after all the maddness that is trying to find rims i decided that id just get some tires and then get everything sorted when i get the next set.

Here is the old girl on her new 265/75/16 BF KM2

Going out with a couple of the boys on sunday so i will let y'all know how it goes.

Cheers for all your help fellas

IMG_1167.jpg

Back