D22 tyre size

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goata

Reaction score
G'day can anyone tell me what dia tyre come out standard on a d22 single cab. I just brought one (2008 model) and it has 205 R16's on it an I think they may not be the standard size

205? 265/70R16 I thought was standard but may different on single cab DX. Check the tyre placard, or manual will have it.

Will have a look the 265 sounds like a better stock size. 205 is way to small speedo is out and not getting the economy I was expecting

Which way is the speedo out? Is it reading cater than what your actually doing (so it reads say 110 when you're actually doing 100) or is it reading lower? (reading say 100 when you're really doing 110).

Reading lower is actually illegal, and would generally be indicative of wrong tyre size.

That being said, the DX model did come with smaller tyres as stock.

Bigger tyres will improve your fuel efficiency - bigger tyres means less revolutions for the same distance travelled, means less RPM at the engine, means better fuel. Bigger tyres are slower to get started rolling though.

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint you mate but if it's the dx model it is 205/16's. I have a 05 and swapped them for 225's on the same rims but didn't do the job so I have recently swapped again for 265/75/16's..... Alot better

Joshman it says 110 when doin 100km so they are to small and yes bigger tyres will fix this and fix fuel economy.
Alphabet it is a dx yes. It seems stupid that they came out with the 205 r16's when the st has 265's. Only if they had different diff ratio's would it make sense to me.
Gunna get some new tyres in a few weeks just workin out what to go for and get a lift aswell.

Having just said that about different diff ratios the speedo would be correct with the 205's thou but that's not the case so it still seems weird why they came out with 205's

Last edited:
205 &265 refers to the width of the tyre..
how does that effect the speedo..theyr both the same diameter...arnt they?

superiorcruiser said:
205 &265 refers to the width of the tyre..
how does that effect the speedo..theyr both the same diameter...arnt they?

Nope!
The second number in a tyre spec is a ratio that tells you the height of the sidewall. For instance, a 265/70 tyre has a sidewall height that is 70% of the tyre width -> so 70% of 265. So a tyre with a smaller width will have a smaller sidewall height, therefore a smaller diameter.

I know, they always look ridiculous that thin especially when you start putting canopies on. The tyres I have now fit well, scrub a little on the mud guard on full lock but not annoying, definately looks alot better and performs alot better off road.

hi, does anyone happen to know the sidewall hight for the stock 205's??

Last edited:
when i got my single cab ute it had 205's on them and the speedo was correct but i sorted the cheese cutter factor by putting 265/75s on, and now my speedo is out by 5ks so i have to sit on 95k when in a 100 zone...

usually is 205/75 or 205/80.

i remember some of the D22 came with 255/70 and new D40 comes with 205/75R16(looks like is using skateboard wheels XD).

only the second number(height) changes the speedo ratio. but there are some conbinations that can allow you to change width without changing the speedo ratio.

example

on Suzuki GV factory tyre was 235/60R16 but you can keep the speedo ratio using 205/75R15 tyres, getting more clearance but thinner tyre.

greetings!!

hi, does anyone happen to know the sidewall hight for the stock 205's??

205r16c.

It is a commercial sizing. Generally speaking the aspect ratio is actually about 82, so really would be 205/82/16.

If you wondering for legality reasons perhaps ring your transport (rta or qld transport) and ask what they consider the diameter to be, as they have a book, and that's what they run from.

Bigger tyres wont always improve fuel economy. Depends how the engine is tuned, you have to keep the engine in a rev range where it is still producing good torque.

Takes more torque to turn bugger tyres.

higher moment of inertia in a 32" tyre over a 31" so more effort required to turn bigger tyres, higher rolling resistance and higher wind resistance due to the car sitting up higher always = more fuel unless you do a regear.

its not so much that it needs more torque to turn them, more energy is required to get them rolling, torque is just a function of force*distance

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back