Arb

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryce

Reaction score
hi all

I ordered an ARB rear air locker from the 4x4 show by sam who works at there nundah head office store. Now thinking that i am getting this from there head office i would be free from problems. It was 3 weeks ago that I told Sam all my car details. series 2 2004 D22 zd30ddt. But today when it was to be installed they have got the wrong part. does HB330 or something (i dont have the paperwork in front of me) ring any bells?

After reading lots of info here on installing a front lokka into my car (since ordering my rear) i know that the common diff on the d22 is a c200. Sam tells me the is not true and that only a few d22's have a c200 diff. He then preceded to let me know that the C200 part is out of stock and wont be available untill the start of august.

After me not losing my cool (not my style). i just needed to vent a little and ask this. Has anyone else had a problem with ARB. I wont be getting my snorkel, water tanks, roof top tent, long range fuel tank or anything else from them.

And i guess i was a bit quick at putting ARB locker into my signiture :suicide2:

I found the guys in Maroochydore ARB were pretty good and they had one on the shelf for $1000.Give them a ring and see if thet still have it.I think everyone has problams with ARB,TJM and the like.The customer service sucks but there not all the same.The bloke I spoke to there was Lee Longland and there number is 0754754011.I found him to be pretty good when I was up there.

What a crock of shit. The H233B is the rear diff in the V6 D22 and the QD32 D22. The ZD30 fitted D22, which is BY FAR THE MOST COMMON D22, is fitted with the C200, without question, no ifs, no buts. Some more recent D22s have a modified C200 but it is still a C200.

It'd have to be a common difflock hell you could get it from the US quicker for less if the wait is that long.

Your question was has anyone else had a problem with ARB & my answer is yes.

It all worked out in the end but I have found that it pays to be extremely cautious with what is detailed in the quote. This is made difficult due to their use of product codes.

I have used UV4x4 at Brendale (which are pretty much ARB) a fair few times over the years and they havent been too bad. Sounds like one bloke is gonna ruin your whole arb experience which is a shame. Arb are quality products from my experience.

I tried to deal with ARB in the A.C.T and they had no interest in helping me out or paying attention to what I wanted, so they wont be getting any of my business.

i had ARB penrith supply and fit all my basic stuff, bull bar, snorkel, bash plates, haymen reese tow bar, roof racks and ladder racks, and they were really good, they were on time and looked after me on the price. its a shame that you have ha such a shitty experience. hope that they sort it all out for you.

Last edited:
To make things worse for ARB. . . they did the wiring part of the locker install so all they have to do is plug in a switch and an air solenoid. this was all well and good till i went to drive to work tonight (i do night shift) a speed bump on my shortcut through the local shopping center and pop. Dash light fuse went. not really a prob;em to fix myself just need to pull the right hand vent off tape up there wires and replace the fuse. but needless to say i will be ringing Maroochydore ARB and all other SEQ arb dealers to find out if they have the parts i need. Also i will be ringing ARB nundah to find out what they are going to give me at a heaverly discounted rate because of the fuck around.

Any ideas on what i should be trying to scam off them as compensation?

Rockhampton ARB is bloody good with their customer service, and TJM up here is very not so. Im only young so sometimes people seem to think why waste their time with me cause i probably won't have money to spend, but ARB is helpful every time.

Mitch

Rockhampton ARB is bloody good with their customer service, and TJM up here is very not so. Im only young so sometimes people seem to think why waste their time with me cause i probably won't have money to spend, but ARB is helpful every time.

Mitch

I'll second that. I just had a canopy and a fuel tank fitted through the Rockhampton branch and I was quite impressed. They even gave me 2 free ARB seats. I know its not much for spending over $4000 there but its the thought that counts. But i'll give a +1 for ARB

Elizabeth ARB - Brad the owner is an A$$ hole, very arogant and even yelled at the Adelaide store when they quoted me $500 cheaper for my lift kit. That was when I asked if he could install it and he told me he cant accept their quote, even though they are both ARB stores.

ARB in town are brilliant though.

Every time I walk out of ARB (Adelaide) I feel like I've just lost a pint of blood - and that's without buying anything (I reckon they'd suck a purchaser dry). Needless to say, I don't go there anymore - there a plenty of small guys around who actually want your (repeat) business & will do the right thing buy you (Cross Country is but one example).

N

a few people here said they wouldnt spend 2 bob at ARB,myself included..
they do nothing for me after just 1 visit,and there wont be a 2nd visit..
they suck big time..

I regularly visit the coopers plains ARB in Brisbane, they've not done me wrong, and they're helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly to deal with. I usually try and do my business with the same guy at the store, building a rapport is always helpful in getting what you want. But outside of the big ticket items, I do all my own work.

I have alays found ARB staff to be !@#$%^& to be honest.

Well the ones in Newcastle.

I regularly visit the coopers plains ARB in Brisbane, they've not done me wrong, and they're helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly to deal with. I usually try and do my business with the same guy at the store, building a rapport is always helpful in getting what you want. But outside of the big ticket items, I do all my own work.

I have also found the CP store to be pretty helpful in the past.

I think unfortunately it just comes down to the local store, the staff and their attitudes. Up here we have a fair few 4x4 shops and there is only one which i try to avoid, and it is TJM.

Mitch

Latest posts

Back