diff ratios for R180A D22 front diff

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nj's Navara

Reaction score
:big_smile:Hello all, I've recently imported some new diff ratios from America for my front and rear diffs on my 1999 D22 Navara (3.2lt diesel). Total cost (including freight) was $1033 for both ends.

My diffs originally had 4.625 ratios in them, and I have replaced them with 4.875 ratios because i went up a tyre size from factory.

The 3lt turbo Navaras have 4.325 ratios in them, so a 4.625 ratios swap would acheive the same thing.

The front diff on my Navara is the R180A - which is common to all diesel powered Navaras. The V6 Navaras use the R200A.

The rear diff on my Navara is the H233B (same as the Patrol diffs), whereas the 3lt turbo diesel Navaras use the C200 in the rear. The website I sourced them from is as follows;

Nissan Parts, Nissan Truck Parts, Nissan Suspension Kits, 4x4 Parts | 4x4parts.com

do not go to 4x4parts.com.au - because that will take you to a parts wrecker or something...

The Navara is known as the Frontier in America and given our dollar is trading well against the American now, the trading terms are actually pretty good. Be aware though - that the freight they quote you on this website is hiedously expensive - I was quoted $300 each end at first, but then I argued the point and they dropped the freight charge to $33 each end. Go figure...

Anyway, the parts I received looked like genuine bits and have fitted up quite well and have made the ute much more driveable in the rough stuff - i am now no longer having to rely on just torque, now I can use some horsepower too if I want it (not that i have much, but you know what I mean).

Anyone considering changing diff ratios, I recommend you have a look at this website and see what you can get - even the Atlas transfer cases are reasonably priced!!

good luck, and if anyone is looking for some 4.625 ratios for an R180A diff - you can look at ebay in about a weeks time... I have a mate whom is also trying to sell his old Navara transfer case - no issues with it, it was just swapped out for a Patrol one (long story), so if anyone is interested in the transfer let me know (via a private message) and I can put you through to him.

Latest posts

Back