New lockers for D40 coming

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigreg

Reaction score
I think you will find that the TruTrac will only fit the M226 diffs from the Spanish trucks as those diffs are the same as the US diffs.In fact the M226 in the Spanish trucks are built in the US AFIK.The difference is the Spanish diff is a 10 bolt gear and the Thai truck's a 13 bolt

I think you will find that the TruTrac will only fit the M226 diffs from the Spanish trucks as those diffs are the same as the US diffs.In fact the M226 in the Spanish trucks are built in the US AFIK.The difference is the Spanish diff is a 10 bolt gear and the Thai truck's a 13 bolt

There is a thread on here somewhere from a guy in south america that fitted a trutrac, he had the carrier re-drilled to suit the Thai crown wheel stud pattern.

I had a lookbut can't find it under the obvious search options.

Go the Elocker.

Will be more reliable then the ARB unit.

What have you heard that makes the ARB unit unreliable? I've had a ARB air locker in my 2008 D40 now since Dec 08 and it has worked like a dream.....and I've used it a lot. I will say though that I've all but given up on getting a locker for the front diff.....still fitted for but not with as the locker for the front hasn't seen the light of day yet from the drawing board.

EVERYONE I have come across in all sorts of vehicles have had problems with ARB Air Lockers. Even if the monkeys manage to get it fitted properly and not steal your surplus parts then the bastard things are susceptible to leaking air from a line or a seal causing them to fault. IMO not worth the trouble.

EVERYONE I have come across in all sorts of vehicles have had problems with ARB Air Lockers. Even if the monkeys manage to get it fitted properly and not steal your surplus parts then the bastard things are susceptible to leaking air from a line or a seal causing them to fault. IMO not worth the trouble.

Not me ;) mine was excellent

Anyone know if they are available for the 550? Are the diffs the same as the regular STX? I'd have thought they might be beefed up a bit to deal with the extra power

Hopefully it comes in 6 months.

2 defferent workshops both told be they no longer like installing ARB as it is very prone to issues with the diff air seal.

Also ARB tell me they need the car for 2 days to install? WTF? The other installers told me they like it for 2 days as well and told be that is because of how unreliable it could be. They might fit it today and its fine and tomorow your back with a leaking seal :(

Anyone know if they are available for the 550? Are the diffs the same as the regular STX? I'd have thought they might be beefed up a bit to deal with the extra power

Hi mate,
I am currently looking into beefing up my front diff. I thought the same and called Nissan, thinking that if the diff is beefier in the 550, might just buy a 550 front diff and swap. Guess what... same drivetrain as the current D40.

Hi mate,
I am currently looking into beefing up my front diff. I thought the same and called Nissan, thinking that if the diff is beefier in the 550, might just buy a 550 front diff and swap. Guess what... same drivetrain as the current D40.

Shit then!
I might have to be careful putting a chip on it, thinkin about the 5inch kit & 33's, prob best be careful there too

What Aido said about the air lockers.

Joshy had a few drama's and from memory his Navi did to in his GU Patrol.

Vanguard there was a thread on 4wdaction about swapping a R200A into a D40.

What Aido said about the air lockers.

Joshy had a few drama's and from memory his Navi did to in his GU Patrol.

Vanguard there was a thread on 4wdaction about swapping a R200A into a D40.

I'll have to join and check it out I guess. :) I wanted to drop around to see Joshy first to get an idea of what's involved. He knows what he is talking about by the look of things.

Shit then!
I might have to be careful putting a chip on it, thinkin about the 5inch kit & 33's, prob best be careful there too

Guys in Hornsby are doing a Navara D40 now. Sas front and rear axle is changed as well. I think they are using patrol axles front and rear, coils for rear too. All up $12 and half K.

Guys in Hornsby are doing a Navara D40 now. Sas front and rear axle is changed as well. I think they are using patrol axles front and rear, coils for rear too. All up $12 and half K.

PS: I'll get to drive when their done and will let you know what it's like.I'll be there tomorrow, might try to take some pics too.

Awesome, let me know if you find anything out.
And tell em to get a thread put up here!

Ha ha ha,
they are useless when it comes to that. Do good work but useless when it comes to posting pics etc. I've been telling them to update their website for a few years now.
I saw it today, but there was nothing to note yet. Only rear and front fully disassembled. I'll post a few pics when they progress to next stage. Probably start a new thread instead of hijacking others' ;). sorry

Back