Suspension worse after upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reg83

Reaction score
I recently put a 2" lift in my 09 D22 with EFS springs and shocks, I did this after searching the forum and seeing nothing but good reviews. I live in NW QLD and the roads are dodgy out here so I went comfort springs.

Went for my first drive last week to Mt Isa which is 120k's away, holy shit was the ride rough like horribly rough. I thought the genuine stuff was bad.....

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Cheers

Adam

Mine is the same. It's like driving a shopping trolley, I keep getting told its normal but it's that bad it almost shakes the car apart

Mine is fine. EFS heavy duty rear and torsion bars, OME nitro shocks.

It can depend on what you are used too. I have driven utes for years and they certainly are (and should be) harder than a sedan.

What tyre pressures are you running? I find going from 34 psi to 40 psi makes a huge difference in comfort.

Bosted and Joe is yours EFS?

Ridgie I run 36 psi and am pretty keen at keeping them at that because it seems to wearing the tread perfectly.

I'm a paramedic and we have some shit trucks with horrible suspension so I'm very used to having crap suspension. And I also have had utes and SUV's all my life.

Might be a cheap 2" inch lift kit up for sale very soon!!

Mine is somewhat rough. But I am use to it.

Lovell leaf springs and Bilstien shocks.

Its very stable at $1.60

reg - I lived in the Curry for 3 years. I got EFS as well and yes they were slightly stiffer (bumps) and also did notice a little more body sway compared to stock gear. But I'd never go back to factory kit.

I'm happy with my ride. Bummer about yours mate

Nah Reg,

Mine is just stock.

Never owned a ute before but have gone down the path of changing suspension on cars & never really been happy. As they say, every action results in equal & opposite reaction.

I will just stay miserable with what & have rather than spend money on being miserable.

To be honest, stock suits my situation & I like the ride. If the rears sag, I will have to think about doing something.

Just a lazy bastard who wants an soft ride.

I've got EFS in mine, but I purposely went the heavy rated gear for extra load carrying.
It is a hard ride, but I'm used to it from my lowered pocket rocket days.

Saying that, it's def not the the nicest when ur feeling ill or have a headache.

Bosted and Joe is yours EFS?

Ridgie I run 36 psi and am pretty keen at keeping them at that because it seems to wearing the tread perfectly.

I'm a paramedic and we have some shit trucks with horrible suspension so I'm very used to having crap suspension. And I also have had utes and SUV's all my life.

Might be a cheap 2" inch lift kit up for sale very soon!!

Mine is Ironman, which I might ad are the worst brand to get, mine have sagged about 50mm all round

Interesting report as I was just about to book in next week to get a 2 inch EFS lift kit put on using the comfort springs also.

I'd be keen to here from others that have gone with this option as I wanted to do this to increase comfort as well as the offroad capability.

Did you also upgrade the torsion bars??

hey reg. i have never had an issue with my comfort kit by EFS. i found it better then standard and more responsive with very little body roll. yes its a ute and i had a single cab bt50 before owning the navara so i am used ot the leaf setup in the rear. but even my wife who is prety much clueless when it comes to cars says its a better ride with the new setup. maybe they have given you hd leaf packs instead of comfort leaf packs hehe. im not sure but i am super happy with mine but havent been offroad since having the lift kit. even though going offraod was teh reason i got the lift.

im not sure why yours is as rough as you say it is. but i have to say ask around maybe call Zordo and ask about it? ive always found John(Zordo) super helpful and i have saved my bro and some other guys a few $$$ hard earned on suspension for cars and trailers and got them heaps of info and best ideas.

hope all works out. btw what shocks have you got front and rear?
cheers
Rusty

Is there a possibility they gave you the wrong springs?

Did you get new torsion bars?

Something doesnt sound right.

I don't want to put anyone of this kit as there has been so many good reports to my one bad report. Like you say Rusty I had heard nothing but good reports hence why I went with them, I spoke to Zordo as well and he suggested I could remove one of the springs and see how that goes. I might do this before lashing out and changing the whole set up.

Yeah Matt it has the correct springs that was the first thing I checked, was hoping it was that so it would be a an easy fix :-(

Fzzr I didn't change the torsion either as I only have an alloybar.

i had 2" efs installed in 2008 nav and have since had to take them out, were terribly rough and did 2 sets of bushes in under 18000 kms with mostly road driving!! running ome now and much much more comfortable and better on and off road. the efs kit was just to hard on the vehicle compared even to stock suspension.

i had 2" efs installed in 2008 nav and have since had to take them out, were terribly rough and did 2 sets of bushes in under 18000 kms with mostly road driving!! running ome now and much much more comfortable and better on and off road. the efs kit was just to hard on the vehicle compared even to stock suspension.

Keep your receipts.
OME is dogshit. Not just myself but others have had the leaves fail in short time. Found them to be no better than standard....Wasted beer tokens.

thanks for the heads up, still got the receipt somewhere i think. they have only done about 20000kms so heres hoping they do a lot more than that!!

ive got the old man emu springs and torsion bars just fitted adjustable ranchos and will be fiiting the remote adjustment system this weekend, best money ive spent yet.

Latest posts

Back