Which Leaf Springs?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timj

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm looking at getting a 2inch lift. I am going to get Koni shocks and wind up the torsion bars. I am wondering which leaf springs you reccomend?? My ute rarely has any load when it does it is camping gear. I am after comfort and flex

hey timj.

alot of ppl will go the comfort springs by EFS or Bluemax(same spring) or any spring will do. i have a full efs comfort kit and im happy with it. like you i carry no loads at all only when camping and i take the tents clothing and cooking stuff etc. im yet to use the efs kit offroad but im pretty sure it will flex well and just comes down to the s*** independent front end. i set of UCA will improve it by giving you more down travel.

i am also looking at the Ironman Helper springs which bolt on to the leaf pack and increase the load carrying capacity which will help when i need ot carry loads. instead of changing leaf packs. i had one of these helper kits on my bt50 and it was a good piece of gear. my bt was lowered 50mm and was comfortable to drive with the helper spring on. helper springs off an it was uncomfortable.

I have Lovell's in mine. There somewhat stiff.

But it handles good as I am constantly swerving to avoid kangaroos and wombats.

hey timj. alot of ppl will go the comfort springs by EFS or Bluemax(same spring) or any spring will do. i have a full efs comfort kit and im happy with it. like you i carry no loads at all only when camping and i take the tents clothing and cooking stuff etc.
I've also been wondering this. I am looking at the Tough Dog 2" lift kit running Rancho RS9000 on the back and 41mm TD's on the front. So the comfort springs are good for towing an Ultimate camper, camping gear, dive gear in the back etc.? I will only occasionally (twice a year) load it with a half tonne of wood, bark mulch, etc.

I would seriously avoid "winding up" the crapo torsion bars that come on the D22. Buy some units which actually do the job. See my reply post in the photo of steering damper post.

Last weekend fitted:
Tough dog foam cells front and torsion bars.
Tough dog adjustables rear and 0-300kg springs.
New ubolts, greasable shackles, and bush set.

Drives nice..

Only got 21mm lift on the rear however..! But to their credit 4Way's are onto it. Taking the car back to OL in Hobart this friday to find out why.

Back