UHF - How dissapointing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
I finally got around to fitting a UHF today, which I am sure will be terriffic when in a group of vehicles and on my trip to Moreton in August. I was driving around bris this arvo and thought I would flick between the channels and see what was happening.

Is there no sort of radio ettiquette anymore? Far out, I am a tradie and swear with the best of them, but I could not believe the crap that was being spoken on what is essentially a public media. In one afternoon I seriously had enough of hearing how big everyones d#ck is and cant understand why there needs to be so many random outbursts of absolute dribble and crap.

How many times is it funny when someone asks for a radio check and they all respond "Nah mate can't hear ya, it f$cked"

My kids wanted to listen, but we only got from my house to the end of my street before some clown needed to tell everyone he was playing with himself.

Is it always like that?

hey matt i know what you mean. i used to listen the UHF all the time but rarely switch it on now if i dont need it, cos the amount of filth and crap being spoken in ridiculous. dont know if its just in brisbane thou, i would think it would be like that everywhere.

Matty

Yeah mate i know what you mean, I'm a truck driver and i sit on 40 to get to the job sites and it is just crap for atleast 20 hours a day.
Then we get to job sites and use from 19 - 26 and for some reason the dickheads turn up there and still dribble there shit.
I started on AM cb's when i was 16 and had a home base set up, And now no one uses it anymore so thats what me and my mates use.
Far better than UHF unless on the repeter and there a 0% dickheads.

Unfortunately it is always like that Monday to Friday 7am to about 4pm. Weekends/nights tend to be quieter and when you get out of the city it is better too.

I dont have mine on around town now unless I need to know about a traffic problem, not something I want my kids hearing as well.

its almost a waste of time in citys...if your lucky 40 will be clean. very frustrating.

here in perth channel 3 everyone just says the biggest of shit, getting into fights, etc. but there are times when they are funny, info, facts, and reports of roll overs, etc.

you get swearing, but i havent heard much, hmm.

I think on channel 7 repeater in brisbane is the worse, The people on there have no lives and are on there 24/7. These are mostly unemployed virgin nerds who can make elmo voices . Sorry if it sounds harsh but get on there and try to talk to this mob.

Latest posts

Back