accesory socket position

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RASCAL

Reaction score
hey there

going to put a accesory plug in the rear of my d22 tub for the engal , but i dont know the best way or were to mount it any one got any ideas or pics of were they have got theres

would be appreciated

thanks

i got a dual socket plug suplied and fitted by arb, im not sure what its called but ones a cig liter and the other is a bit of a tighter fit for the engel plug so when driving over corrogations the plug wont fall out, apparently its comon for camper vans... they fitted the points on the left hand side of the tray just a bit in from the tail lights, for easy access.

Hey Mate, I have an accesory plug in the rear of my d22. My local autoelec fitted it for me and ran the hard wire back to the battery for me. the is a hole in the side of you tray (it is on both side's so you can take your pick) that has a plastic plug in it, it's all most like it's designed for it, I have mine on the driver's side. have pic's so have a look. The last pic show what the plastic plug looks like.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 277
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 262
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
OT I know, but I have to give people something to cry about.

I wish my wheel tub was as square as yours, would have made making my tool box so much easier, looks like they rounded them off more inside the tub when they made the 09's.

Ah ok so what you're suggesting is D22's and their owners are square...I see now, glad that's cleared up back on topic now :sarcastic:

any idea what size cable i should run fromj the battery to the accerory socket in the tub

i all so on the weekend put the battery tray in the ute , i found a old battery at my mums that is the size i require abnd i tell you it all i bit tight in there and very close when closing the bonnet

ill put up some photos when i can get this dame thing to work lol

I would run 6sq mm cable and use a 20A fuse on the battery end of the cable. This way, you won't suffer any significant voltage drop over that length of cable.

would that be the earth wire also or just the power ?

also the dual batt kit i got has a fused positve terminal , i dont think it will fit under the ponnet do i need to have this on there for the isolater to work propley

Yes you can, though you really need a fuse there for safety sake! See how you go... mine fitted even though it was an extreme tight fit. what if you spin the battery around the other way? Depends on battery height too also I guess.

Rascal, i have mounted mine in the panel that covers the left taillight, i took the light out a drilled a hole and mounted it flush (can take a pick if you like) but do yourself a favor and get on of these plugs for you engel, instead of a cig plug as the rattle out and turn you fridge off!
if you unscrew the cig end off your engel lead you will see 2 flat pins, these go into the above plug and it screws together!!

bryan

would that be the earth wire also or just the power ?

Running BOTH cables has the advantage of never failing because of a poor connection between the tub and the chassis.

also the dual batt kit i got has a fused positve terminal , i dont think it will fit under the ponnet do i need to have this on there for the isolater to work propley

I would NOT remove the fuse. Find another place to put it. If you use a reasonably heavy cable from the positive battery terminal to a SHORT distance away you can find room just behind the battery (I have two 30A thermal breakers mounted there in mine).

The fuse will make the difference between managing a fault through accidental damage or wear and tear, or having to put out a fire or replace the item.

Part of the reason some plugs come loose out of Aux and Cig lighter sockets is because Aux sockets and Cig lighters are different sizes, only slightly but it can be enough in some cases.

i havent put the fuse on yet and shut the bonnet but it looks vert tight will let you all know ,

Running BOTH cables has the advantage of never failing because of a poor connection between the tub and the chassis.

I would NOT remove the fuse. Find another place to put it. If you use a reasonably heavy cable from the positive battery terminal to a SHORT distance away you can find room just behind the battery (I have two 30A thermal breakers mounted there in mine).

The fuse will make the difference between managing a fault through accidental damage or wear and tear, or having to put out a fire or replace the item.

so what your sayin is ditch the fused terminal and in its place run a 30 amp circut breaker close by in line ??????

Yes you can, though you really need a fuse there for safety sake! See how you go... mine fitted even though it was an extreme tight fit. what if you spin the battery around the other way? Depends on battery height too also I guess.

any chance you have got a pic of your set up champ would be good to see how tight yours is

thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back