Slider Ideas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy222220_0

Reaction score
Hey,

All those thinking about/making sliders, what do think of this design?

P8215971.jpg

Thinking along the lines of 6mm for supporting brackets and 45OD 4mm wall tube. And gusseting the supports so I can jack off the sliders!

Slidders

Great looking sliders mate, don't go overboard with the capabilities of the jacking supports, very wide rail' lots of strain over 6-8'' from the chassis

looks good mate but dont you want to offset them down just under the chassis to for fulfill their purpose. also did you get those powder coated and how much did that set you back

Matty

offset them down?., purpose is to protect the sills mainly isnt it?

Yeah I would have thought the chassis rails are stronger than the sliders anyway (The sliders are mounted on the chassis rails after all) so we dont need to rely on the sliders to protect the chassis rails.

That looks pretty much what I was thinking for mine too, I might use a slightly thicker flat bar for the brackets and will try and bend them rather than welding to form the 'U' and chuck some gussets on for good measure. All in all they look like they will do their job no probs mate. Are they yours or were you planning on making a set the same?

10mm plate welded or bent into a u with a bolt going over or through the chassis would be more then enough

Yeah I would have thought the chassis rails are stronger than the sliders anyway (The sliders are mounted on the chassis rails after all) so we dont need to rely on the sliders to protect the chassis rails.

That looks pretty much what I was thinking for mine too, I might use a slightly thicker flat bar for the brackets and will try and bend them rather than welding to form the 'U' and chuck some gussets on for good measure. All in all they look like they will do their job no probs mate. Are they yours or were you planning on making a set the same?

Just planning to make a set similar.

10mm U shape it is.

Just making sure they're gonna be more than strong enough....

Just planning to make a set similar.

10mm U shape it is.

Just making sure they're gonna be more than strong enough....

if you go with that design and add gussets, as long as you can half decently weld u should have no problem landing on it or jacking off the inner bar.

haha i found the hardest part was getting it all in position to tack it. pita.

Sliders

The reason I said don't be to reliant on them as Jacking points! A few years ago I bought some commercially built ones (no names), Got bogged to the eyeballs and eventually ended up driving home with the HI-Lift jammed through the passenger door, nearly had to find myself some wide-load signs to come home with. Won't make that mistake again.:angry: By all means beef em up as a jacking point, but do it properly. Jacking points front and rear for me. Regards:stop:

The reason I said don't be to reliant on them as Jacking points! A few years ago I bought some commercially built ones (no names), Got bogged to the eyeballs and eventually ended up driving home with the HI-Lift jammed through the passenger door, nearly had to find myself some wide-load signs to come home with. Won't make that mistake again.:angry: By all means beef em up as a jacking point, but do it properly. Jacking points front and rear for me. Regards:stop:

Ok, where do you hi-jack from? (bullbar or rear bar)

Whoops!

Jacked from sliders before but always with the door open.

gussets are just a bracing on the outrigging pipe, increases the vertical contact area to stop it from flexing.

i like the design but i wouldn't jack the car off it,
id go a thicker pipe but ah

Back