Rattle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sle383

Reaction score
I have a 2006 D40 ST-X it has a bad rattle coming from what sounds like p/s B pillar area where the seatbelt is located, it only takes a very minor lump i the road to create the noise, and its starting to give me the s$%ts, i have had all he trims off the try and pin point the noise but have had no real luck in fixing it, i guess to decribe the noise would be like a ticking noise of two metal pieces rubbing when going over lumps in the road.
Has anyone else had a similar issue with their Navara, and how did you fix it?
Just to add, i cannot replocate noise while car is stationary, only when driving...

Seat belt or part there of?

Door latch?

There is bugger all other than the seat belt and wires in the B pillar and wires don't make a rattling noise so I'd be checking the other two possibilities.

I have a 2006 D40 ST-X it has a bad rattle coming from what sounds like p/s B pillar area where the seatbelt is located, it only takes a very minor lump i the road to create the noise, and its starting to give me the s$%ts, i have had all he trims off the try and pin point the noise but have had no real luck in fixing it, i guess to decribe the noise would be like a ticking noise of two metal pieces rubbing when going over lumps in the road.
Has anyone else had a similar issue with their Navara, and how did you fix it?
Just to add, i cannot replocate noise while car is stationary, only when driving...

I have the same noise in my 2010 model.
Its the seat belt buckle attached to your pilar.
It has too much play.
you need to remove and modify.

I reckon it could be the seat belt buckle as well - happens in my wife's car too.

Try doing up the seat belt (as if a passenger were there) and see what happens.

I don't think it's the seatbelt, I have pretty much removed that to count it out, it sounds like a spot weld has split in the B pillar, in regards to making the noise happen, it only takes a very little ungelation in the road to produce noise, the funny thing is when I go to my farm which requires a 20km trip on a rough dirt road the noise on the way home (freeway) is almost gone. Then in the weeks after it will slowly come back to the usual annoying rattle.

I thought the Navaras come fitted with rattles from the factory or maybe thats just the ones i know...
Good luck tracking it down, i found the rear seat belt where it bolts onto the car at the bottom has alot of play and rattles it's tits off all the time, youd think they would put a rubber washer between the 2 metal parts to stop this....

I thought the Navaras come fitted with rattles from the factory or maybe thats just the ones i know...
Good luck tracking it down, i found the rear seat belt where it bolts onto the car at the bottom has alot of play and rattles it's tits off all the time, youd think they would put a rubber washer between the 2 metal parts to stop this....

Geezus...I must've been lucky..my D40 is now 3 years old, done 65000km and about 30000km of that off the bitumen and still no rattles....come on you guys what's the secret...how do I get the rattles...I'm feeling a bit left out here!:big_smile:

Drop one of the head unit screws down in the dash somewhere and don't bother looking for it. Can't say for sure if that's what my rattle is but since I was too lazy to look for it when I dropped it I don't like the chances of me ever looking for the rattle.

Geezus...I must've been lucky..my D40 is now 3 years old, done 65000km and about 30000km of that off the bitumen and still no rattles....come on you guys what's the secret...how do I get the rattles...I'm feeling a bit left out here!:big_smile:

Hey mines the same 50k and all is quiet, touch wood!!

I found my rattle the other day when I transferred the UHF into the roof console, it's coming from my camera screen mount so my only rattle now is from something I've done not Nissan unless I blame Nissan for not putting a suitable screen mount where I wanted it.

Looks like the rattle-less are surging forward :big_smile:

Latest posts

Back