load cappacity

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizz007

Reaction score
Does anyone out there no the load rating is on the standard leaf springs on a 2010 st ,

i put the spacer kit in from snake including rear shackles the truck sit fine when empty but soon as i put all my tools in for the week she sags in the arse, so was wondering what the best solution would be , was thinking of getting some airbags whats your thoughts

not a d40 driver. but i would probablys upgrade the springs to medium or hd kit. airbags are not the best invention and even though there are very few bent chassis out there from airbags it does happen and the car is almost a write off.

someone else may fill you in better

Air bags could be the solution but you really have to keep them adjusted properly at all times or you can cause chassis damage.

Heavier springs are a good solution but if you drive around with an empty tub you'll think the tail end is made from concrete, the ride will be so harsh.

On standard springs, the most you can reasonably put in the tub is about 150kg. It likes to have 60-80kg in the back just to settle it - all utes are light in the tail, that's why watching the V8 utes racing is so much fun.

i reckon im around the 200kg in the tub , but dont want to put to stiffer springs in the rear as i empty the tub on the on weekends and dont want to have to much of a stiff ride, i do some offroading mainly beach work when going fishing , what are the pros and cons off the air bags, i here they can twist the chassis and are not for use when offroading , please correct me if im wrong

Last edited:
ive got comfort efs springs and airbags on mine. i only run the airbags at min 5psi when not towing. when towing heavy bt 20psi. works for me so far. just got to get a new clutch and i can keep towing.

ive got comfort efs springs and airbags on mine. i only run the airbags at min 5psi when not towing. when towing heavy bt 20psi. works for me so far. just got to get a new clutch and i can keep towing.

which air bags did you get mate

or would putting better shockies in the rear help or has anyone used the iron man load helpers

Last edited:
Shocks won't help, they only dampen movement they don't change the carrying capacity.

I have the Ironman Load Plus helper springs installed. They do raise the tail somewhat, but they add a new noise and some harshness to the ride. I am not convinced that they are the best solution.

Shocks won't help, they only dampen movement they don't change the carrying capacity.

I have the Ironman Load Plus helper springs installed. They do raise the tail somewhat, but they add a new noise and some harshness to the ride. I am not convinced that they are the best solution.

i reckon after a lot off thought might go for the tough dog springs 300kg has anyone used these and how harsh is the ride when tub empty , or they do a
0-300kg set .

Latest posts

Back