d22 sitting wrong

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cecdan

Reaction score
i have a d22 with a 3in snake racing kit and a 2in body lift and 33s with an offset and have noticed i need to get my suspention sorted out. Now the car sits level but i need to get new leaves as they are a w shape instead of a nice bow and if i get new leaves it will raise the back more as i can see the leaves have sagged about a inch or 2 and then i will need to put the standard shackels in. Has anyone had this problem ?? also where is a good place to buy the parts so i can do it myself or bring the car so someone can look at it. im located in perth the morley area.
Cheers

I think the W shape your talking about is normal, but it depends how much really. When i put my new 2" raised leaves in, once u let the weight of the car back onto them they will have a flat/slightly inverted shape in the middle across the axle.
I'm not experienced enough to look at them and tell you whether they are sagged too much, but for your piece of mind a little bit is normal.

Cheers, James

Ps. not sure whether your leaves are new 3" snake items or your just using the originals with extended shackles.
If ur on the originals it would pay to get new raised springs instead of the extended shackles on original leaves

i brought the car with the lift and from what i can see it only looks like the shackes are new on the standard leaves. i believe a little bit of sag is normal but 1 is deffinately more then the other so im guessing time to change them.

Is the snake racing 3 in "add-on" worth it. The HD upper control arms and extended shackles, or should I fork out for new leaves in the back and control arms? I'd like to avoid sag and an ill sitting Nv.

Is the snake racing 3 in "add-on" worth it. The HD upper control arms and extended shackles, or should I fork out for new leaves in the back and control arms? I'd like to avoid sag and an ill sitting Nv.

Best suspesion setup for a nav is a 2". Forget the upper control arms, $1K for an extra inch. (I wouldn't even pay that if they extended my ****)

Here's all you need.

Front. - alloy bullbar or less - Std torsion would up
- Steel bar/whinch/extra battery - H/D torsions (all pretty much the same)
- New shocks - Quality depends on price (EFS mid range, Bilstein Higher end.)

Rear - Match your weight carrying with the springs you require
- Shocks (same as front)
- If you just want flex, play around with std springs (reset 2", remove load leaf, add shorter helper spring and Track bar.

All depends on what your after. Off rd or On rd, Flex or Loadcarrying.

i just got the tjm 2" lift kit and i really got 3" outta it once they winded the torsion bars up slightly. my leaf spring dont kink up in the middle though. but the 2" is plenty, and can get u pretty much anywere

2" is great, but I think I'm getting greedy with ride height. Little extra height is always a good thing but who knows. I'm going Upper control arms anyway and will see about the height. Cheers tommy for input.

Latest posts

Back