Ride height to high rear end

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluetooth

Reaction score
Hi recently bought a 08 d40 and the previously owner has a 45mm toughdog kit on it . With no weight on the rear end to back sits 50mm high then to front end . With a little more looking around found there is a set of 300kg constant leaf spring fitted .. With the rear sitting so high. from the bottom of the rim to the wheel arch measuring 825mm spoke to toughdog and they recommend to be around 770mm. i only has about 20mm of play in the shocks . i found this out by jacking the front end completely up and measured the distance of rim to wheel arch .. 845mm they said more then likely i might damage the shocks with so little play . Now what should i do they recommends buying a pair of comfort leak rated at 0 -300kg but at $520 a set and new u bolt is quite a expensive exercise . Or i was read around that you remove a leaf from the spring to help sit lower but found more cons then pros does any body have any advise ? leave it as it is ? buy a new set ? or try removing a leaf ? One of the reason i want it lower is that i what to fit a steel bullbar and i dont want the front end to sit lower then it aready is between the back end ..

could just carry a few bags of cement around the back !!!
regards great site glad i found it ..

Last edited:
just as a matter of interest m8 how much weight do you carry in the back , im looking at getting some off these springs as i carry most off the time 200kg around, and how is the ride when empty

What 'cons' did you find in regards to removing a leaf from your current pack?
Lots of people do this and you will often find that is all a lighter pack would of had done anyway. Just have to know what you are doing.

I would certainly experiment with the pack you have before blowing money on a new pack.
There are cheaper around than the tough dog leafs also.

The other thing to remember is that by default the front end is lower than the rear by approx 50mm in some cases anyway.Sounds like the previous owner may have carried weight in the rear on a regualr basis.I would guess the rear shocks might be just about cactus by now anyway.
You could try contacting the spring manufacturer and asking them for advice .

could always just replace the front set to level it up, wouldn't go astray with the addition of a bar

before you take my advise could someone correct me if im wrong but if there heavy leafs on the back more then likely there could be heavy springs on the front so a bullbar shouldn't make to much difference on ride height, then you could just change shocks to a 3" set if the car is that high on the rear as some one mention they might be stuffed .... if toughdog say the rear sits to high for those shocks i had a little google around and found snakeracing do a 3" lift but they use the same shocks which are on there there kits for a 45mm lift on toughdog site . what the difference ?????

Latest posts

Back