Wheel Alignment Problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mottleemob

Reaction score
I cant seem to get a wheel alignment where it doesnt pull to one side if they fix that i feels very wandery and feels too light to steer anyone else had this problem. Does anyone suggest a good aligner in the newcastle area.
cheers phil

After 17 wheel alignments I have found you cannot overcome this. It took a Pedders here in melbourne over 3 hours and numerous laps of the block to get mine right. One day offroad and it was up the shit again though. No-one has been able to achieve the figures that they got since.
Consider a D22 to be like the billy cart you built when you were 12. Steering input comes from where and how tight you grasp the rope.

it was ok until torsion bars taken out to replace clutch when i got car back it sat 30mmlower in theright and steered great when adjusted to sit level now all over the place
gettin pissed off
cheers phil

After 17 wheel alignments I have found you cannot overcome this. It took a Pedders here in melbourne over 3 hours and numerous laps of the block to get mine right. One day offroad and it was up the shit again though. No-one has been able to achieve the figures that they got since.
Consider a D22 to be like the billy cart you built when you were 12. Steering input comes from where and how tight you grasp the rope.

it was ok until torsion bars taken out to replace clutch when i got car back it sat 30mmlower in theright and steered great when adjusted to sit level now all over the place
gettin pissed off
cheers phil

Problem is castor (or lack there of)

Besides adjustment, have a look at the ride height front to rear. Not much in the way of adjustment in these billy carts.

When tub empty vehicle wont want to go in a straigh line (wander) but once some load is added in the tub (rear sits down, creates more castor) she goes straight again.

Maybe something to try... becasue the geometry is so touchy, the weight of the driver/passenger could throw the alignment out. Maybe try sitting in the seat and see how much the numbers change.

Latest posts

Back