which antenna ¿

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba_285

Reaction score
i have a uniden at-470 6db antenna at the moment but want a stronger/stiffer one as this bends and dances around so crazy. would be great if i could use the base that the at-470 uses so i dont have to run a new wire through. also what db should i get, only really use it for when im out shooting, also dont want one that's 600 meters tall like the cowboys have lol, around 700mm would be good i guess
cheers

Hi Scooba
The Uniden antenna is a cheapy and I would suggest you can not just replace the whip (will not match will the loading coil and hence VSWR will be crap (could damage you radio). Suggest it is time to buy an new antenna. Check out Antenna & Wireless Communication Systems | Solar Power | UHF & VHF Antennas, Base Stations, Repeaters, Cable and Connectors | Renewable Energy | Photovaltaics (PV)| Australia and follow the link to their consumer site. RFI supply antennas to emergency services and hence are considered to be some of the best antenna around. There you will see their range of UHF CB and cellular antennas.

Back