Body Mounts-Creaking Sound

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just had the 80,000km service done a little while ago and in that service they were meant to check all the body mounts, well they didnt...

The Nav started making a creaking sound when turning (not full lock). I was just thinking it was the leaf springs making the noise however after reading about all the problems with body mounts i decided to check them.

The last two mounts before the tray, one had both the bolt missing and bottom bush gone, the opposite side was loose and about to fall out. Guess they didn't check the mounts to well!

Most of the body mount problems i read where to do with newer model D22's, but thought id post this as i suggest everyone should probably check out there own mounts/bolts out.

Mines a 2006 D22 STR.

Not sure if i should stuff around with taking it back to the mechanics and get them to fix it or do it myself and make sure its done correct? Since they were meant to check them however its partly there fault.

Also should the bolts be done up with a little lock tight to stop this happening again?? The torque spec on them doesn't seem that tight and doesn't mention lock tightening them in.

Cheers Pete

I have put loctite on mine, but i am not planning a body lift. I would say if your not planning a body lift then go for it, otherwise wait until you have done your lift.
I had 2 fallen out after a 4wd on my second day of owning the d22 so i still check the tightness of mine every week or so just in case. i had ordered mine from nissan at the time, cost me $38 each body mount or so.

Brett

Cheers mate.

Will be doing it myself as i need it done asap, and i want it done right, so will pop into Nissan tomorrow. Think i will use locktite also, wont use the permanent stuff so i can get them undone if need be. Wont be adding a body lift either so thats all good.

Might check the rubber on the rest, replace any perished ones while im at it.

If they were designed right, all the bolts should be like the front ones, with the nut on the bottom. That way if the nut comes off, the bolt will stay in place stopping side ways movement at least. Not just fall out.

Oh well, shit happens, another case of mechanics not checking everything they should.

Pete

Just ordered the mount from the local Nissan. All i needed was the "special washer", bottom bush, and bolt, but of course it comes in a kit and have to buy everything. So 120 bucks later.

He showed me the computer and there was only two part numbers, i needed one bit from both group of parts...

Bloody rip off but i need it done before Friday as im heading up Mt hotham, so no time to argue and buy elsewhere.

Will be using locktight, spring washer, and will mark a white line over the nut head and mount so i will know if they have turned just by looking. Dont want another falling out..

Pete

Latest posts

Back