helppp

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholaselias

Reaction score
i have a 2009 2.5L d22 and i recently installed a 2" lift and put 33" muddies on the car. i took it out for a drive today and when i put the car in 4 high, it is very slow and has no power what so ever. this also happenes in 4 low. I thaught this might be related to the diff? and gear ratios? can someone please help me?

I highly doubt the lift would affect anything ratio wise etc.

The muddies may affect it, however I'm pretty sure other blokes have run 33's with no problems too severe?? I haven't myself so cannot give definite advice.

Mitch

Hi Nick, it's been a while!

I bet it's something unrelated to the lift.

Does power return once you move to 2WD mode, or did it just lose power and hasn't recovered?

Also, on a hard surface, 4WD of any type will make the car feel really heavy/sluggish if you try to make a turn - that's the transmission binding up, and it will stretch your transfer chain.

hey tony yeah it has been a while. the car in 2wd feels slow as well not the same power as before. in 4wd before i got the muddies the car got up the same hill in h4 now it wont even make it in that. I had to lower it down to 4L. oh and tony i wasnt turning it was a simple climb up a rocky hill. which anycar should do in 4H.

Can you put the original wheels back on, does the power return? I didn't think 32s would make that much difference - it should make a little, but shouldn't be huge.

If it's now underpowered in all modes, it's probably not anything to do with the 2WD/4WD system, more likely something else has gone awry - like the crank angle sensor, or air in the fuel line - I bet Tweak'e would have a few good answers on that.

Is it blowing a lot of smoke, or are there any new strange noises being made? Is it idling smoothly?

Yeah I got that bit, some people do it on separate rims because muddies don't last as long if you drive 'em around town all day as well. Even 33s (I did make a mistake on the size) shouldn't make the vehicle feel that weak.

no funny noises no smoke.. its got me stumped??? ill place the original tires back on and let u guys know how it went other than that i got no fuking clue???

Bearings are fairly easy. Make sure the car is securely parked (chock the wheels) and jack ONE wheel up off the ground.

Now, sitting beside the wheel looking at the hub, grab the front and rear of that wheel and pull your arms back and forward, if there's a problem with the bearings you'll get a small amount of clicky-movement. Do the same now with the hands at the top and bottom of the wheel - if you get the same result, those bearings are definitely suspect.

I'm not sure that's your problem, I've been thinking about it and since the D22 has less horsepower than the D40, 33" wheels might just make it seem underpowered.

Let's see how you go with the original wheels back on.

D22 with 33's should be alright. Stepping up from 31's (std) to 33's is only around 7% different. Although I run 33's, I can't really comment as I have installed both a chip and 3" exhaust.

Also remember your speedo will read less than what you are travelling at. (100km/h on the speedo is really 107)

Might just be another brain fart but maybe the tyre or rim is scraping against something? (rim to caliper)

Although the zd30 has less power and torque than the d40, it has a lower diff ratio and therefore has higher revs under cruise (2700@100 with 31's, ~2500@100 with 33's)

sorry bout the late reply guys computer wasnt working all too well, i went and got my car serviced they found water in the petrol tank....they emptied the tank and the car is running fairly fine now. i have hto place the original tires back on, although the rain has stopped me from actually jacking the car up, but i shall let u guys know how it goes when i get the stockies back on

There's your first problem. 2009 should have a diesel tank in it. Haha.

Good luck mate.

Latest posts

Back