standard shocks with extended shackles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walking back

Reaction score
ive purchased a pair of 2inch lift rear shackles from snake racing for my d22 and im planing on replacing the shocks in about a month. my question is do i need to wait till i have the shocks and do them at the same time or will the stock shocks be fine with the shackles? and if anyone has the snake racing shackles what shocks are they using?

Stock shocks will be fine for now, But for sure i would get em as soon as i could.
The stock shock will be stoping the downward travel alot,And now with longer shackles it will be even less.
Hey what did the shackles cost ya and how long did it take to get them if you dont mind me asking?

yeah lil menace the shackles cost me $230, +p&h from the snake racing website, and took 5 days to arrive, i got a set of bushes from ARB. bear in mind that the postage was to the northern territory and it seems to take forever for our mail to arrive.

Thanks for that, I think i might try snake as supperior arnt any help at all, 4 weeks and counting!
I'd love to see some pics when your done mate. And if your happy with it the way it is.
Are you just going to wind up the Tbars to match now?

Ive been running stock shocks with a 3" lift for about 6 months now and on road no problem. but off road the limited drop is sort of making the extra flex the lift has given me not worth it. So I would say swap the shackles in with the standard shocks but if you are planning to off road, dont expect it to give great results until you put longer shocks in.

Thanks for that, I think i might try snake as supperior arnt any help at all, 4 weeks and counting!
I'd love to see some pics when your done mate. And if your happy with it the way it is.
Are you just going to wind up the Tbars to match now?

ive already wound up the front bars 2inch, i then shaved 5mm off the top rubber bump stops to give me a bit more of my downward travell back, when ive installed the shackles i'll throw in some pics for the lads. tomorrow i drop her into ARB to have my IPF 900XS driving lights and my rola HD bars fitted, so there will be pics to follow.

i have made my own extended shackles giving me a 2" lift on the rear. Being new to this forum i dont know if this has been discussed before but when i was ringing around for quotes for the extended shackles i was told by two different supplier that they dont stock them as they make the vehicle unroadworthy (in Vic) if fitted and they are on for comp use
dont know if its true but thought i would share it with you

hey everyone
ive got stage 3 lift kit from snake racing gave me 3" lift all round with rancho rs9000 adjustables in the rear cant praise the kit from snake racing enough a bit pricey at $2700 but comes with all bells and whistles extended shackles are greasable and well worth it. i changed my shocks at the same time i put shackles in but the differance between rancho and standard length of shocks is quite substantial if doing a bit of 4x4 id change at the same time but thats just me

hope i helped

Matt

hey everyone
ive got stage 3 lift kit from snake racing gave me 3" lift all round with rancho rs9000 adjustables in the rear cant praise the kit from snake racing enough a bit pricey at $2700 but comes with all bells and whistles extended shackles are greasable and well worth it. i changed my shocks at the same time i put shackles in but the differance between rancho and standard length of shocks is quite substantial if doing a bit of 4x4 id change at the same time but thats just me

hope i helped

Matt

Matt you've been conned by snake.
They are overpriced resalers.:angry:
$2700 for a lift kit, blood hell!

stock shocks are sh!t,

replace them and the ride and handling will get so much better.

Latest posts

Back