park lamp/ backlight lamp fuse

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss

Reaction score
ive just noticed that my dash lights were out on the way home from work and when i jumped out noticed the park lamps out also.I removed all the fuses in the box under steering colum and all were fine.anyone know where the fuse is for this or does it sound like a wiring prob?

The stalk lightswitches are notorious for failing, although it's usually the headlamps or highbeams that go first. If your headlamps are working, chances are it's it the fuse but the switch

The fuse for that circuit is in amongst the fuses next to the driver's right knee. If you're 100% sure that the fuse is fine, then the next thing to check is the switch, the contacts for which are in the base of the RH stalk in the steering column. Fiddle with the switch and see if you're getting intermittent contact - if so then you need to pull it apart and clean the contacts. Another option, have you made any changes to any of the wiring at all/replaced the radio/anything to do with electricity in the lead up to this occurring? The illumination circuit is universal for the whole car and reaches into every corner of it so if you get it shorting anywhere, the whole system will go out (probably and hopefully accompanied by a blown fuse but not always).

ok well havent had a chance to have a good look but have noticed water in one of the front park lights and thinking its shorted out there will have a look in daylight

Latest posts

Back