Small business owners printer.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Dave is using technology I'm shocked and amazed!

As an authorised reseller and repair agent for Brother I'd give them the thumbs up too, the reseller bit works really well but I haven't had a decent repair on Brother equipment in nearly 3 years.

Officeworks have all I need.....no problems there.
$600 = another piece of equipment that makes money and not absorbs it.
Look for refurbished computer websites for used office laser printers etc. There is so much secondhand and refurbished gear out there that its not worth buying new when your a small fella.

Never even thought of that Aido. Good thinking though.

Been meaning to pick up a HUB for a while Krafty.

Any contacts ?

What size hub Dave? Brand Bias? Options? I don't have any contacts up in your neck off the woods but I can offer equipment recommendations and suggest if prices are reasonable.

Na Woody a compouter sorta hub.

Umm not sure yet Krafty. Will have to check out brands.

All the tv's and other gadgets all have ethernet ports now. Even the PS3 isn't hooked up yet.

I have a few box's of Cat 5E here and the termination tools ready to go.

Will price up some Cat 6 though while I am at it.

My PS3 isn't even connected to 240V let alone connected to the net. Let me know what you want, I deal with D-link and Netgear mainly because for small to medium networks their prices are quite good and their products are more than adequate. It's too much hassle for someone as lazy as me to sell send and support gear that is as far away as you are but I'm happy to give advice for the right buy (and for you mates rates are only triple what I charge others).

I've actually been collecting small hubs here now for a little while, was within an ace of snagging a 24 port a few months back but the company decided they wanted to keep it.

Haven't used the 24 in the Dlink but I've used the 24 in Netgear on numerous occasions. I used to use D-Link religiously and still have a few 4's and 8's floating around on different nets but in recent times I have found Netgear to be slightly better if only with customer service as I believe both their gear preforms about the same in real world testing. Do you really need 24 ports?

I'd go for Cisco if budgets were unlimited but seriously for most businesses and home users the cost isn't justified.

Ill have to check out pricing. But good point as I heard D-Link have dropped abit in quality.

If I can find the Cisco gear at the right price. Ill go that way.

I don't think you'll find you'll find new Cisco for the same price as new Netgear or D-Llink but if someone is off loading some second hand Cisco you might be ok.

I'm still running several D link modems for clients and they are going well but we had a few warranty calls on them last year (storms knocked out modems), to D-Links cred they replaced them under warranty but the hassles we had getting them replaced were amazing. As a reseller of over 15 years with them it was easier for the client to ring up and make his claim on a 4 month old modem than it was for me as a D-Link Channel Partner to get the same thing done. I'm still happy with their gear but customer service like that shits me.

Do you really need 24 port?
What is it's main purpose, just to connect network ready items and share data or do you need security, high speed, something different?
Rack mount or free standing?
Need wireless?
What sort of management do you want, unmanaged or managed?
There might be other questions I can't think of right now but they are the main ones i'd consider when buying.

The 24 port is handy for expansion. Overkill is always good. I can already think of 8 ports being used.

The wireless part doesn't bother me as the router I have is wireless router.

Not fussed on either free standing or rackable.

Ill have to look into the managable ones and not managable. Really doesn't bother me to be honest.

Yeah but if you only have 8 required ports then getting a 16 is more than adequate, will save money, will consume less power (although not that much)and is still expandable in the future. These things can be daisy chained forever so if like me you had 4 x 8 ports floating around you can get 21 ports quite easily, (power consumption obviously isn't a consideration with 3 units)

Fully managed does cost dollars but some people want more power than others and are happy to pay for it. In your case it may not be worth it. If it were me I'd go Gigabit purely for speed reasons but they do costs more as well. To be honest the $90 odd dollars RRP that the one above is listed for isn't something I'd go for under most circumstance but if I was looking in that area both Netgear and Dlink would be rated about the same for performance, not sure about price I haven't got my price list handy.

Nothing to see here now.
Nerds walking their walk
super_nerd_640_18.jpg

Back