D40 sidesteps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomo

Reaction score
I was wondering what other owners think of their side steps.
Last weekend at the Watagans they managed to carry about 5cm of mud along the whole length and stop me from cresting a hill because they bottomed out.

On the other hand, I would rather damage the side steps than the sills and I certainly don't have the cash to replace them with fancy after market ones.

The fancy after-market side steps are half the price off the OME side step...

ARB colour coded proction step $1150
Nissan OME.............................. $2700

And the nissan side steps are shit...

They are not too bad for a factory item but they hang pretty low. I raised mine up by about 2 inches but am going to get rid of them all together and make some sliders so that I can fully rely on them. Watch over the next couple of weeks for progress pics.

King cabs must be different my chassis gets caught up and sidesteps and sill are still off ground

I had some after market ones put on, but still bent them so much that they touched the body, fell of a huge rock and the car landed just on the sliders, gonna see if i can make the whole structure stronger. Had to take them off cause of the damage. now i have a problem with stones that hit the back fender on the wheel arch....

they make it easier to wash the roof.....

I had a Nissan dealer tell me not to even stand on them...apparently one of their mechanics stood on some and they bent and busted off at one end lol.

What the hell is the point of fitting side steps if you cant even stand on them...typical car company bs!

I think i will get a mate to make some proper ones up for me when i get my tax back....very keen to see what you do with urs Matt.

Cheers,

Definately no thought went into them whatsoever. All they seem to do is catch the mud flicked up by the wheels. You pull up to get out of your car and find that you have to jump over side steps coated in a slab of mud.

I got the brackets that bolt onto the chassis done and have tacked together one of the side step bits, still as fair bit to go but at least they are underway. I cant wait to get them finished.

Getting there!

I am going in to work tommorrow morning to try and get the other side done so I can get them off to the powdercoaters.

That's good stuff Matt, I'm planning on doing the same thing to mine so lots of photos would be awesome.

Latest posts

Back