Mirror glass replacement D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjohn

Reaction score
Holy cr#&, $169 dealer price, supply only.
Any1 know of cheaper 1s

Thanks Krafty. Think mine are heated, not sure yet. Parts guy Could'nt tell me, must av been a Mazda man, Lol. Local glaziers say they only have 3mm, n mine look like 2mm and they can't do heated. D40 08 Rhs

D40's have heated mirrors?

We used to have drivers forever breaking the truck mirrors because they could never reverse properly and our windscreen repairer just replaced them in 5 mins. They can't be that special even if they are heated but I don't think they are and doubt 1mm would make a difference.

Last edited:
True Krafty, thanks.
Good point Aussie, looked at that ebay pic, they look different in the photo. I will investigate further.
Cheers eh

I replaced the glass in the drivers side to a flat mirror instead of the convexed type, went down to the glaziers with a template they cut it and stuck it on with a bit of sikaflex all good now.

Tell you what, you can have the glass out of my mirrors, I hate the bloody convex stuff, too hard to judge gaps accurately. I can back pretty well using my side mirrors, down hills, up backwards, in between rails, but they bloody convex stuff is just too hard.

I know what you mean siringo, a little hard to get used to. Nice offer.

Good tip Matt, will do. p.s. Looked at your site, nice work.

nizzbits $130 + $8 postage.
Can't tell if Frontier the same or not.

Not taking away from Nizzbits but seriously a glazier or windscreen place would surely want less than the $40 we used to pay for truck mirrors.

Just an update, the mirror turned up in one piece all the way from the U.K. Even fits. Only 2mm thick the same as original and convex.
Ebay comes good!

Just checked, same guys do the heated one + backing plate, which I assume is what you need. The wiring may already be there.
The cracked one still looks pretty good so not done it yet. Got glass only del.
I have instructions how2 remove, but that's were this all started.
Anyhow can't be hard now its already broken. LOL.
Thanks anyway, it was your suggestion that started me lookn. Cheers!

I actually have my mirrors off the truck at the moment and can definataly say no wiring unfortunately lol
However I cant see it being a biggy. Just a lotof mucking around getting wiring through the pillars. the rest is easy enough.

Latest posts

Back