Aussie top gear comparo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
Did anyone watch aussie top gear tonight? They had a quite interesting test between a 40 series cruiser and a new patrol. It was pretty good but one thing had me amazed, I know these blokes are very good drivers but are seriously not too well trained in offroad. The guy in the 40 wouldnt take his truck down a really steep hill because "his brakes didnt work well" and the other guy in the patrol used his brakes when he went over the edge and of course locked up the wheels, it was only the wheel ruts that kept him straight, I'm really curious to know whether he was in low range 1st or in nuetral. Mind you it was an 80 degree slope, would have been a good ride!

Your thoughts?

No it was a pretty bloody steep little hill! It would have been good to see the 40 go down it, I reckon it would have done it easy.

Yeah i watched it, And what a load of crap! The FJ40 would have easy gone down that hill and maybe back up it.
And so what if the cruizer lets in abit of water! it still started and drove straight back out.
And Michael schumacher the stig! Narr the stig is a heap better driver! :D

There first season was worse than poor but there going great guns now!!!

Mnday nights TV is the best

Top gear first then quick switch to GNW then back to concords then catch the end of GNW.

Not much on now

I'm with you Matt76 about their offroad driving ability's. He obviously had his foot on the clutch for the wheels to lock down that slope.

They drive 4wd's like they are on a track in a Porsche.

Latest posts

Back