ZD30 gearbox

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshy

Reaction score
Anyone had any problems at all with there gearbox? Need to work out how strong it is...

Never had a problem but every now and then when selecting 1st after sitting in N for a while it crunches. Thought maybe I wasn't pushing clutch in far enough but tried again and still does it.

gearbox

I know the early ZD30 boxes had a crap 5th gear. I stripped the splines but I was towing at the time, a big no no apparently. :stop:It was out of warranty but Nissan fixed it for zilch as apparently it was a known fault. (this box was in a 2000 GU patrol and it wet bang in 2003). My gearbox had a redesigned larger 5th gear shaft put in, which I am led to believe was standard fitment to the later ZD30 gearboxes. I don't know what year they modified the box but it must have been around 2002 or so I think. Having said that the remainder of the box is pretty tough. I was in the middle WA and towed my van back to Adelaide on the remaining 4 gears with no problems at all apart from the rattling gear spline (did drop the oil though to get the copious amount of metal bits out).

Thanks guys.
Sorry norry, meant zd30 navara gboxs. But im looking at putting in a patrol zd30 box so thanks for the info.

Back