help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayneh

Reaction score
new to 4x4 thinking of buying a d40 auto does the dial change work as good as the manual change for the 4 wheel high and low range and are the autos good on the beach and for towing thanks for any help

Auto Vs Manual

Auto transmission is generally better for towing than manual. It is much easier on the drive train without having the savage clutch action when you are manoeuvring a trailer in difficult places. Much easier in traffic. I notice that I get away from the lights much quicker than a manual.

I have noted that in rocky conditions (solo) an auto is much smoother transversing difficult patches. When in sand it is easy to dig yourself in if you use too low a ratio gear. Having an auto provides smoother power there.

PeterD

Sorry mate i tend to differ from that as in 2006 we were in the simpson with 2 other autos( all 3lts, not D40 thou ) and guess who had to pull them out, yep the 3.0lt manual. I think the only good thing about the auto is the city driving, yep manuals can be a PITA sometimes, but out back i still prefer the manual.
Just my opinion.

cheers,

Lance

Latest posts

Back