Newb - D40 2WD crewcab power question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightyear

Reaction score
Hi guys, i had a bit of a look on here but couldn't find anything on why the power of my 2wd is less than the 4wd. Same engine and turbo but less power. What i wanted to know is - can it be easily changed to be the same as the 4wd output? Otherwise i will call chipit and get some real power.
It's a new car and i get it in about a week. I didn't need a 4wd as i just need it to tow a car trailer and building stuff. Don't have time to go off road.
So i saved about $12,000.

Always wondered that myself mate.

If I was after a 2wd new shape ute. It wouldn't be a D40 for the reason that it has less power then the 4wd.

Even Toyota who charge extra for a air con have the 2wd's making the same power as the 4wd Hilux's.

I didnt realise that there was a difference at all. Same engine, gearbox/transmission i thought.

got me baffled.

I called chipit, and i think i will just put the same chip that they use 4wd. Should be the same power/torque as a 4wd with the chip. He has never had a 2wd on the dyno.

Latest posts

Back