Camber issues - how did you fix it??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murf6

Reaction score
G'day Guys

I have just brought myself another D40. I have previously owned one, but that was an 05 model and it had camber adjustment on it. Unfortunately my new 08 model was one of the unlucky ones that didnt get the camber adjustable bolts. Previous owner mustn't of ticked that option box. ha ha

My question is, I have read as much on this forum as possible about what people have done to fix the problem, and have found some good results, but a few more details would be great.

So I suppose questions are:

1) - How did you fix you camber?
2) - What did it cost?
3) - Who supplied the parts?
4) - Will new upper control arms totally fix the camber issue, or is lower arm still an issue with them fitted?

I am trying to decide if it is worth trying suspension lift this way, or if it will nearly cost me just as much as going down the 4 inch calmini option?

My plan is a 4 inch lift. I would like 2 inch suspension, and 2 inch body lift but if it going to cost a bucket load to get 2 inches in the suspension, I might be better off with the calmini kit straight up.

Also there seems to be a huge amount of 2 inch lifted navaras about, so many people must just leave the camber issues and drive it anyway. It must cost them a fortune in wearing out their front tyres.

Im sorry if all these questions have been answered before, but there seems to be many and varied options from people...

Any assistance anyone could offer will be greatly appreciated

CHEERS MURF

Fulcrum list a bush part no for both the lower and upper control arms that will help to restore both caster and camber. Talk to them about this or ring me at Superior engineering and I can get the parts for you.

Upper control arms are prob the best bet but expensive.
I ended up buying cam bolts from nissan and modified the front of the lower arm to accept it. This was not too involved but did require drilling/die grinding and a small amount of welding.
I now have what appears like a stock looking vehicle with adjustment front and rear. I have the option if needed to use offset bushes to gain extra adjustment again. I am happy did it but it wont be for everyone I guess.

Few ways of doing it.

Anything over about 40mm lift you will prob end up with coil bucket/upper arm contact anyway.

Cheers
Brian

Nolethane make the same thing and it only retails for about $130 onlive for all 4 bushes! Beats Fulcrums price of $100 a bush! Or you can by my Calmini UCA's that will fix your camber

The Calmini arms will NOT fix a camber issue they are stock measurements just use different bushings. The PRG arms are the only ones that are adjustable and they will definately fix your camber with about 40mm of lift.
I have the PRG arms and no issues at all.
The offset bush's will do the job but you have to remember your front end is still not adjustable as far as camber goes. It will be correct but only at a certain height. Go above or below that height and the camber will be out yet again.
If you go with a Calmini 5" lift you will get camber adjustment as part of their design

Calmini Arms do bring you camber in, i should know i am running them on a thai truck.
They are not adjustable so if you have a spain truck with no stock camber bolts dont bother with calmini arms.

Latest posts

Back