"beeping" indicators

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone out there in the wonderful world of navaras have ever had any probs with their indicators making a high pitched squawking/beeping in time with the flasher. can still hear the "clicking" of the flasher and this noise seems to be comming from under dash along with the normal flasher noise. appears to be somewhat affected by engine revs as majority of time seems to happen above 2thou which has got me thinkin its something that has become volt affected. doesnt normaly do it at idle and will not do it with engine off. its starting coincides with me pulling battery out and repairing wiring for front/r indicator in bar as every now and again the indicator in h/light wldnt flash making r/side flash fast.. had it to sparky and of course it wouldnt make the noise. ive unpluged my timer to try that as i got that around same time too, but didnt help. anyone with any ideas may prevent a red st-r being posted as For Sale here!
cheers

i know the exact noise you are talking about, mine does it too but not all the time. It doesn't seem to matter what revs its at, well it does it at idle and maybe i can't hear it when moving as there is too much background noise. I can't say it has been annoying enough to think about selling it. I was going to change the flasher can but can't really be bothered as the indicators still work. Maybe try that on yours, if it works I might get off my arse and change mine. haha. :big_smile:

hey jon, thanks for the reply, well if yours does similar thing then must just be one of those things nissan built in to keep us amussed:big_smile: i thought i was prob just the flasher unit but sparky thought not so started looking elsewhere. i wldnt sell her, but just hate annoying noises:angry::big_smile: cheers

Do the indicators have another relay after the flasher?
It's not coming through the stereo is it? If the condensor on the power line ot the stereo is shot, you can sometimes pick up noise from teh dizyy on older cars.

Latest posts

Back