Changing old backing on Narva 225s

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180%JOE

Reaction score
Hey all,

After a year or so of having Narva Ultima 225s I have encountered a design problem with the old style lights (I guess that's why there is a new updated version :) I put up with the lights never staying where I wanted them due to the crappy old mounting system and then the other day I found a massive gap in between the lens and backing;

Narvalights008.jpg

So I emailed Narva and to my surprise they pulled through and sent me new updated backings! They must be commended on true customer service and I will be recommending them to everyone and I will buy through them again.

So this is 15min easy DIY project to fit the new housing.

Tools:
Small Phillips head Screwdriver
Small Flat head Scredriver
Socket Set

Step 1:
Unplug the waterproof connector.
Next you will need a 17mm Socket to undo the first lock nut, then using a 15mm socket for the second nut which also has a spring washer.
Remove the Lights.

Step 2:
Take off the clear plastic protective covers. Now using the small flat screwdriver pry gently both ends of the black plastic cover on top of the lights. They have a tab at each end which push into the housing.

Narvalights005-1.jpg

Step 3:
Using the small phillips head undo the two screws completely.
Now to open the casing you need to rotate the backing anti clockwise and it will then come apart. On mine there was an arrow to show which direction to rotate.

Narvalights003.jpg

Step 4:
Unplug the red and black wire. The backing is now free and time to put the new one on. Plug the new red wire to the middle of the globe and the black to the side as can be seen in the pic above. The new housing has moulded tabs instead of the screw in ones on the old unit. Now rotate the housing until it locks in place.

Step 5:
Reinsert the two screws. Next push the black cover back on and the light is now re-assembled. Replace the clear cover and put back on the bullbar connect the plugs again and now you are finished.

Here is a pic of the new mounts:

Narvalights006.jpg

Hope this helps someone in the future.

They did the same for me.

Thats the best customer service from a big company I have ever seen.

I changed mine over a year or so ago.

Yeah they are a great company, more businesses should follow there customer service and actually back their products! So how have they been with the new mounting system?

Yeah its all good Dave, Yeah i found the email and Steve was straight onto it easy as. Now my question now is do these new housings have enough room to fit a HID ballast?

Back