ZD30 patrol conversion to TD42T

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeak81

Reaction score
Hey Guys, First of all I know this isn't a patrol forum but this environment is much easier for a chick to talk on.

I'm going to do a conversion on my zd30, want to put a td42t in it. I know what i'm up for but was wondering do i go say 90 to 97 GQ or the gu.

Any ideas would be great. (no jokes about the grenade, i've heard em all lol)

Engine mounts need to be moved.

The ZD and the TD use the same gearbox. Same ratio's but th ZD has an extension for the Dual Mass Flywheel.

A GQ geabox wont work in a GU as the gearstick will hit the dash in a GU.

Have you searched on Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum ?

The tacho's are diferent etc. Killaluxon outer limits should be able to help you with the wiring.

Hi Dave, yeh I have looked in there but problem with the search pages. They go blank if you want to look at another page. And going to keep it an auto too.

the gq has a 10mm diesel pump where the gu has an 11mm if you wanna squeez more power out of it, if the dollers allow id definatly go for the gu engine. good luck and keep us posted

also check out mudrhino.com.au, theres heaps of handy info on there without the crap

Ok thanks guys, will check it out.

Pretty sure i have spoken to truckster a few years back when i first bought the troll. Will see if he can help.

I'm in the process of doing the same thing to my 'Trol............well once I rebuilt the motor, I will be.

Hey Deadly, There is a young bloke on the coast who is another zd30 guru and he converted his to a td42 with after market turbo kit.

You can't go wrong.

Cool!!! You wouldn't be able to PM me his contact details???? There's still a heap of things I need to sort out with it, eg wiring etc.

Cheers......................Dave.

Have you heard of www.outlaws4x4.com theres been a couple of GU ZD30 conversions to the TD42 on there with build up pics and heaps of info of the TD42's. The site is run buy a offroad race team called Team outlaws4x4 based in Perth Western Australia. Theres quiet a few comp trucks and offroad race trucks and cars on there too. Theres also i heap of info on re-building a TD42 to be a high HP race motor.

Outlaws4x4 -Forum

Ok Guys and Gals, UPDATE:

The beast is back in action :rock:

Tranny is changing beautifully thanks to the guys at wholesale autos :cheers!:

Also uped the line pressure to the torque converter as she was locking too soon.

Going the modify the turbo manifold until i can afford to buy another one.

Then fitting 3.9 diff centres and away we go :devil:

Nice work Tash.

When your feeling motivated, pull that TD42 out and put a 24V 6BT Cummins in.

Any pics of your handy work ?

Back