Oil Pan Gasket Replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paybac

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am wanting to replace the oil pan gasket in my 88 d21 with TD27, It looks like a its guna be a real pan to do. Do i have to pull the engine to get at it?, or can i go through underneath?. Still waiting on my Haynes manual to turn up :),

Cheers Guys

Can't say for the td27 but for the petrol engines then you did need to life the engine a bit to pull tha pan off. You might find if you're tricky you can slide the new gasket in place without lifting the engine nthe pan will drop down a couple of centimeters onto the front axle.

You could pull the front diff instead? Pulling engine is bloody hard, so you're either looking at lifting the engine up as Pinelli said or dropping the front diff.

You might find loosening the engine mounts, and nudging the engine a little gives enough space to do what you want. Might not too :)

Heh, heh, I too have a leaky sump gasket. When I was out getting all my parts for a service, I found an interesting old kit under a pile of gaskets. It was on clearance for $3.25, and the label said "to suit 4-cyl Datsun". I grabbed it cause it looked like it may fit the Z24 and I despise making gaskets. When I was up paying for all the gear, the cashier said the gasket was actually on clearance at only 25 cents. Getting it home, it turns out this gasket will be a perfect fit with all holes in alignment - bargain.

I reckon dropping the pan off shouldn't be too hard, but no doubt a lot of skinned knuckles for me. There looks as though I'd have an inch, maybe that and a half at best.

Latest posts

Back