Alternator bearing race shat itself

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickDooit

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Cam anyone offer me some advice on why my alternator bearings have blown out of their race? Has anyone had this happen to them? Do you know if they are replaceable? If not has anyone got some pointers on where to look for a good aftermarket one?

Cheers Mick.

Haven't heard of bearings on the D40's but have heard of pulleys working there way off.

Good luck.

Try CBC for bearings.

yer bud i just had one go on my d40 a few weeks ago... sounds like turbo winding down... its a 1 way bearing and you cannot purchase it by itself from nissan only complete alt..... all $1700 trade price of it.... if you put a rattle gun on the hex nut it comes off no problem so im trying to find an alt thats rooted and steal the pulley.... waiting on an after market alt to arrive and see if its go the same pulley @ 400 its a shit load cheaper....

opened the ust covers off it and its fkn dry and a desert.... only started when i went through a nice deep hole for the first time saving a mates arse offroad...

Latest posts

Back