Camping Sound Box

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackD40

Reaction score
Hi All

So what started this project was all my mates and i go camping a fair bit mainly just to double island or on motorbike rides. We all use our ute trays to sleep in so when we wanted to sit around the fire we found it hard to hear the music from back at the cars. so i built this sound box.

let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_1709.jpg
    IMG_1709.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1723.jpg
    IMG_1723.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 192
So it runs off a 12v car batter and is 100% portable.

Attachments

• IMG_1724.jpg
    IMG_1724.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1726.jpg
    IMG_1726.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1734.jpg
    IMG_1734.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1735.jpg
    IMG_1735.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1738.jpg
    IMG_1738.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 115
It has an aux input on the front so any ipod or source can be played as well as cd

Attachments

• IMG_1741.jpg
    IMG_1741.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1750.jpg
    IMG_1750.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1766.jpg
    IMG_1766.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 154
With the small amount of sub volume and for the size of the subs i never would have thought it would be so crystal clear and loud !

Sorry campers near us

& i thought camping near someone with a generator was bad.

Where do you camp? i ask so i can avoid it! looks like you had some fun making it though, are you going to carpet it? Looks bloody heavy!

you could have just got a Bose SoundDock for portable tunes, ah well, nice job.

& i thought camping near someone with a generator was bad.

Where do you camp? i ask so i can avoid it! looks like you had some fun making it though, are you going to carpet it? Looks bloody heavy!

you could have just got a Bose SoundDock for portable tunes, ah well, nice job.

Haha yea I think we should take the prize for noise. Those waves can be noisy at night time.

I'd say about 15-20kg. Bout a 20L Jerry can of water. The battery I use is heavier.

I'm thinking about putting fake grass over it. That way the sand won't gt stuck in it.

Only cost bout $250.

Nice work mate, thats quite some kit. All I have to say is where are the splits? haha
Would go excellenet for a bbq as well no doubt. Just dont camp near me when im out thanks hah

Hows the serenity!

Nice job mate, you won't get long out of a battery with those subs thumping away though.

Pioneer (and a few others) make shallow mount subs if you find the box is too small, or put a port in the box, can get away with a smaller box if its ported (got a hole in it)

Hows the serenity!

Nice job mate, you won't get long out of a battery with those subs thumping away though.

Pioneer (and a few others) make shallow mount subs if you find the box is too small, or put a port in the box, can get away with a smaller box if its ported (got a hole in it)

Battery life so far is good. A mate is a mechanic so we got a second hand battery out of a small truck I think. So far I think I'm up to 2 hours running time pumping pretty hard and still going strong. Need a good camping trip to really test it !

Thinking about buying a marine splash proof case for head unit.

Also should mention that those 6inchs have tweeters build in. Haha

Holy Cr@p. Me thinks, join this party. You couldn't possibly ignore it.
Hope you don't play Country, LOL
Oops, not that there's anything wrong with that!!!!

Holy Cr@p. Me thinks, join this party. You couldn't possibly ignore it.
Hope you don't play Country, LOL
Oops, not that there's anything wrong with that!!!!

More the merrier to join in the party. Life is for living ! That's why we all have 4x4s.

Def not country ! Not that there is anything wrong with that lol BYO iPod.

That's not a bad idea at all !! Charge in the day and party at night....

solar would blow the cost through the roof, VERY interested to see what sorta run time u get with them, what sorta battery are u running do u know?

i got a good idea...you keep meawake at night with your music and when you finaly get to sleep i let off a dozen rounds with the 300 magnum...lol

Latest posts

Back