4WD Dash Indicator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Cherry

Reaction score
4WD Dash Indicator
I have a D40 2009 ST Manual, it recently (4mths ago) displayed the orange 4WD light on the dash, took it to the local dealer for warranty repair and the problem was resolved, however the indicator that tells you want range you are in doesn’t display anymore.

For a while there after the car was running if you selected 4high or 4 low the indicator would appear and everything work as normal and when you returned to 2high the indicator would stay until the car was turned off. This wasn’t able to be resolved by the dealer the have the indicator there all the time like it has been before.

Now I have a problem where the indicator doesn’t display and when I select 4high the indicator bolds all wheels but the 4lo flashes, the car goes into 4high and works but the 4lo still flashes. When I then select 4lo the indicator stays solid and I’m in 4lo. I then go back to 4high and the indicator bolds all wheels but the 4lo flashes again, I then go back into 2high and the indicator disappears again. I know this is long winded but I have been battling this problem for over 4mths now with the dealer and nissian and no one can help.

Thanks Dave

Been battling with the same problem in our 2007 D40 STX. Finally Nissan allowed their local dealer to check the wiring behind the instrument cluster. It appears that an earth wire has been cut shorter that required. Under hot Aus sun etc, the wire tends to pull out off its plug thus creating a poor conection. Hope this helps.

I have been reading a few posts and i think you should take it to your dealer and get them to check the change over sensors in the transfer case. A few of the blokes have been having dramas with the same sort of issue. I would recommend you check it yourself if your car isnt under warranty. Have a look at this link

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=10474

Hope this helps

There are three switch on your transfer case. The one by itself, is the "wait detection switch" and there are 2 next to each other. One is neutral detect and the other is 4WD. there are proneto corrosion.

The thread link above mentions symptoms different to yours. If i were you i would be checking the 4WD switch.

This requires a 21mm deepsocket and a multimeter. If in doubt. check all three

If you find one that is stuffed and you are out of warranty, contact Nizzbits through the forum.

Back