D40 lift kit wrong springs ????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjmoo75

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just had our D40 lifted with the Ironman 40mm kit, it rides fine but the front only lifted about 25-30 mm. I just checked the Ironman web site for the parts listings and found there are two types of springs for that kit, one for bullbar model and one without. I've checked the boxes my old gears in and they have put in the springs to suit Nav without bullbar. Would I have gotten more lift with the others in?? Also since I told the guy im looking around for one at the moment, should I now go see him and tell him he's put the wrong ones in?? The rear is great, I got about 50mm there, just not real happy with the front.

Cheers Matt

Yeah mate.
If you told him you intend to fit a bullbar he should of fitted NISS040C front coils
Cheers

Yeah mate.
If you told him you intend to fit a bullbar he should of fitted NISS040C front coils
Cheers

Thanks ZORDO, will it sit higher with the NISS040C springs compared to the NISS040B without the bullbar or are they just firmer to level out with the extra weight?

NISS040C are 10mm longer than the NISS040B same spring rate
Should sit about 15 higher
Cheers

Id hate to see the thickness of the D40 spares book and aftermarket things.

Everything is different between models.

Now even if you have a bullbar.

Id hate to see the thickness of the D40 spares book and aftermarket things.

Everything is different between models.

Now even if you have a bullbar.

i have to agree with that one. i thought decision were hard ofr the d22 but im glad i havent got a d40 id still be deciding on a lift kit for it a year later :S.

All Good,
Rang the guy's at Bathurst 4x4 this morning and asked them what the go was, he explained they must of sent the wrong part and has ordered to right springs. Should be all sorted by Wed, thanks for the advise guy's :rock:

glad that you followed through. my 40mm Ironman lift saw my front end go up by closer to 60mm - and that was with a front bull bar. (prior to winch being fitted)

glad that you followed through. my 40mm Ironman lift saw my front end go up by closer to 60mm - and that was with a front bull bar. (prior to winch being fitted)

Did you have any probs with your camber Woody? Im a bit worried about mine, my front wheels are already turned in a bit and they did a wheel alignment aswell . I mentioned to the shop so he's going to sus that out at the same time.

Last edited:
how did you go with changing the front springs , did you gain much hieght with the c springs

I got the constant load ironman kit to suit having a bullbar and winch and it only lifted the front about 30mm and the rear lifted about 60mm, so I put in 2" spacers in the front to give it a level lift and my camber is back to factory without uca's or offset bushes

how did you go with changing the front springs , did you gain much hieght with the c springs

Yeah the front came up great, but then I had the camber issue so it had to be fitted with Fulcrum UCA offset bushes. Now I've just noticed oil on the garage floor and it's coming from the front seal of the transfer case. Up to Nissan I go tomoz! Oil everywhere underneath !

Latest posts

Back