lovells vs toughdog

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason84

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been brought up before but Im not sure which way to go.
I got two prices from two different shops supply and install. Toughdog foamcell front and rear kit $1845 and the other shop Complete lovells kit $2200. Which way do you guys think I should go?

Cheers

Decent price on the ToughDog gear. Haven't heard much about Lovells tho...

I've read here, written by different people at different times, that the Lovells coils are pretty stiff, but I have no first hand experience with 'em.

I've read here, written by different people at different times, that the Lovells coils are pretty stiff, but I have no first hand experience with 'em.

Wouldn't a 600lb lovells spring only be as stiff as a 600lb king spring or 600lb tough dog spring??

I think the ultimate suspension use lovell springs and thats what i have in the front and it's definately not to stiff.

Wouldn't a 600lb lovells spring only be as stiff as a 600lb king spring or 600lb tough dog spring??
Wouldn't know, you'd think so. I'm just passing on what I've read.

I think the ultimate suspension use lovell springs and thats what i have in the front and it's definately not to stiff.
Could be. Was told today that OL sell Dobinson leaf packs.

Should be fine but go for the comfort style springs/shocks if you don't carry loads etc..

Ok so I have decided and purchased the full lovells kit. I am installing the kit this weekend.

The front struts come with an option to put in an additonal spacer ring which lifts the front a further 15mm. They recomend this if you put a bullbar on after.

I have the nissan nudge bar, spotties and brown davis bash plate. and was thinking should I just whack it in now so that once it all settles I dont have to worry about it looking lower in the front?

Cheers

ok so its been 2 weeks so I have installed everything. In the meantime i Have fitted a new set of MT atz 4ribs 265/75/16 and had a wheel allignment done.

I am a bit worried that after measuring now I have front driver side 952mm off the ground to top of the wheel arch but 932 on the passanger side.
Rear are both at 945mm.

Is there something wrong here 20mm is that a lot of differnece between the front sides?

Did you do anything with the rears?? Some leaf manufacturers provide a left and rear leaf pack to lift the drivers side just a little higher.

Its normal for the driver side to be up.
Sit in it and get someone to measure it up with your weight in the car and see what it comes out at.
Most of the time the difference should be 8-10mm drivers side up.

What was the free camber height of the springs?

Latest posts

Back