What tyres fits str alloy rim

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayoss

Reaction score
Guys looking at getting new tyres to suit my 02 str alloy rims. What size tyres should I be looking at? I don't have any suspension or lift mods. Was looking at the pro comp xtreme A/T.
Any help would be appreciated.

I'll take this one fellas....
There is quite a few threads around on related topics that you could search for or look up in the D22 tyre section, however do you have a size in mind?
The most common non factory size is s 265/75 which fits with either no or very minimal cutting to your mudflap depending on which carmaker had an RDO that day. Guys do put bigger on as well so have a look around the forum as there are a lot of factors that come in to play.
Let us know if that's not what you meant or can't find what your looking for.
Cheers, Marcus

I have been reading through all the posts for past week, everything I read of the 265x75xr16 seemed like there would be sum form of rubbing or modifying required. I had been told that 31x10.5x15 would work but they aren't the right rim size?
I find the whole sizing a little bit confusing do to the 2 types of terminology used.

I bought my D22 with 267/75xR16 BFG KM2's and no suspension lift.
It was fine... no rubbing on or off road. Although I didn't put them on, I'm pretty sure there has been no cutting of the guards, mudflaps, etc.

The KM2's are pretty decent tyres too. The guy I bought the car off said they'd been on for about 5000km... so I think they've done about 40k so far and I'm looking at replacing them soon. So not the greatest mileage imo. But I never had an issue with them.

Thanks, I think ul find that's where this is posted. I have read the threads yet i am still chasing clarification as the stickies are reffering to 31" etc. Hence the thread.

Yeah no worries kayoss, was simply trying to assist the question you asked above about putting 265/75/16's on a D22 by directing you to the thread titled 265/75/16's on a D22, want answers, look here.

Man, back to square 1. So basically I'm gonna have issues with tyres rubbing on guards if I go to 32 inch? Problem I seem to find with most of the tyres I look at is they only do a 265x75xr16 or a 31x10.5xr15, wrong rim size for nav alloys.

Man, back to square 1. So basically I'm gonna have issues with tyres rubbing on guards if I go to 32 inch? Problem I seem to find with most of the tyres I look at is they only do a 265x75xr16 or a 31x10.5xr15, wrong rim size for nav alloys.

I already said they won't rub. Any bigger and you'll run into trouble. But even then it's a pretty easy job to sort out.

Latest posts

Back