2 b&s cable fuse or c/b

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macka99

Reaction score
hi all iam setting up my dual battery that will be used for emergency starting if needed in the tray of my d40 an iam at the stage of choosing fuses or cuircut breakers and need help i have a redarc sbi12 about 6mtrs of 2 b/s cable(overkill as i have now found out ripped of by battery shop)

I use a self resetting fuse and in 15 years I wouldn't know if it's ever reset or not. Most common is a fuse though and some use one at each end.

Well mines 50A and I've never had a problem with it. The old man used a 30A one in his 2000 Pathfinder and didn't have any issues either. You're never going to get the full current the alternator down to the second battery but it's a matter of what you feel is a worthy compromise.

If you want to use it for starting then you won't be able to fuse it, personally i'd fuse it at say 50A, both ends with corresponding cable size and carry jumper leads (big ones) for when you need to crank off it

Latest posts

Back