urgent Help needed please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emademad

Reaction score
Hello,

i was living in germany and i have navara 2007 d40 engine,
later i traveld to jordan and i took my car with me
but after few miles the car has no power and no speed more than 25-35!!!

i went to a workshop they told me this is limp mode due to DPF,
so please anybody know how to fix this problem
i want to quit this mode and fix it, some work shop told me to delete the CATS and catalicts and everything there and use normal pips but i dont know if it will work and if it requierd the oxygen and heating sensors to stay there or get them removed also,
its allowed here to do such things but i dont know if it will work
how can i remove this problem for ever and get my car working again
if there is any tunning could also fix this problem also please tell me about it
becouse anything at this country is cost alot since the tax here is 46% !!!!!

please Help!!

thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

Limp mode can be caused by a number of things but with the 2007 model it's probably not the turbocharger and definitely could be the DPF and if the DPF light on your dash was lit I'd suspect that straight away.

However, water in the fuel, overpressure in the fuel rail or a failed MAF (airflow) sensor can also cause limp mode. If your DPF light is NOT lit, there's a good chance your MAF sensor is dirty or faulty. It's just outside the air filter on the pipe that goes to the turbocharger. Unscrew it and use an electronic component cleaner on it (get the mechanic to do it).

If it really is your DPF, your can needs to either have a forced regen (about 4 hours and a large amount of fuel, plus an oil & filter change) or have the thing ripped out. The forced regen is initiated by a CONSULT-II or CONSULT-III device and usually only by a Nissan dealer.

Good luck with it!

If it is the DPF, make sure you undertake the forced regen, before you rip the DPF out. Oh, and don't get too carried away and rip out the factory cat. leave it right where it is - trust me.

Latest posts

Back