fuse box - A.T.P. or EGL and dead battery??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljacko78

Reaction score
problems..... so help / thoughts most appreciated

after installing some new spotties on Friday and then running the car Sat and Sunday, this arvo the car wouldn't start. Then, on second try, none of the gagues / lights in dash would light up.

In the fuse box under the hood, the relay marked A.T.P, EGL, A/Choke was buzzing......

I had to replace the battery about 3 weks ago and noticed this arvo a bit of white powder / sulphidation on both terminals.

Do people think I got a dude battery / had poor connection and the battery is just flat??? And thats why the relay is buzzing?

Or is it likely somehting worse?

I have tried loking up the owners manual for the relay but can't figure out what ATP and EGL are either

Help is appreciated

Thanks

Lj

the relays might be on their way out? or your battery hasn't been properly connected in?

i'd try swapping out the relays first. as for the sulphidation on teh terminals...no idea?

If your battery is absolutely completely near dead flat, it might not have enough energy to activate the relay and that might make it buzz. Connect a jumper pack across the battery and see what happens?

If that quiets the relay, try starting the car.

Oh, make sure the jumper pack is 900A or higher. Diesels suck amps worse than a V8 to get 'em started.

the battery is 2 weeks old - 625 CCA

that said, if thats all thats wrong wif the car, then great news I guess.

I'm not saying it IS the battery, but it's a bloody easy thing to check and get out of the way. And if it IS the battery - they can fail early in their lives, although it's rare these days - you know what to do to get the car fixed and you've paid nobody a red cent. A nice result.

Got a jumper pack? Don't forget if you're using jumper leads, they should be 750A or better. 400A leads are not really enough.

had the same thought about the relay on low power - will find out for sure if its the battery tomorrow.... or the next day :)

good points on the jumpers. cheers!

problem solved:

1 - make sure the volt meter you're using actually works. this lead to point 2 when I was thinking my battery was completely flat for no obvious reason;
2 - make sure the positive terminal connection is tight enough
3 - start car and away you go. Battery voltage fine.

Relays will buzz when low power (or in my case, bad connection). Didn't figure out what the EGL or ATP relays were for.

Latest posts

Back