Standard Springs, what shocks?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatman

Reaction score
Hows it goin, i have a v6 dual cab d22 which has done 200,000ks and the shocks are well and truly gone, i like the standard springs because they articulate well and are fairly comfortable, but need new shocks, i need input on bilstiens, efs, ome, raw4x4, tough dog, blupac etc etc, which is the best value, which is the best overall, what is crap, what runs well with standard springs and what doesnt. I will be driving around the entirety of australia in 3 weeks so any help will be very much appreciated, cheers fatman

Mate I have the efs shocks and I'm happy with them. I have the full efs lift though so comfort springs and shocks etc. I think from memory efs and blupac/bluemax are the same company. Raw shocks are a no go I have heard poor results on them. Others are more expensive and will do the same job maybe.

Talk to zordo on this site about shocks for your nav. Or go to his site and call him WWW.zordo4wdsuspensiom.com.au I think that's the website or his Google the name.

Goodluck
Rusty

i live in brisbane about 3 kms form moss st which has all the suspension types in one place, ive got the cash just need to know what shocks to get, has anyone ever had bilsteins on standard springs??? will it work properly?

i live in brisbane about 3 kms form moss st which has all the suspension types in one place, ive got the cash just need to know what shocks to get, has anyone ever had bilsteins on standard springs??? will it work properly?

Ive got Bilsteins on standard springs. Work great. Cant really compare them to anything other than stuffed standard shocks. So comparing those two they feel like a dream.lol Have read Bilsteins are a little firmer then others, i cant confirm this though.

Good thing about Bilsteins is they can be re-valved or re built and one of the main reasons i choose them is they dont rub on the Upper Control Arm on the D22 like most other shocks do.

Do a search and you will find a few threads about this problem.

Oh, and i bought mine from a bloke up your way on Ebay. Really great guy to deal with and was the cheapest in Aus i could find. Would be able to get them even cheaper if you find a dealer in the US of A.

If you want the Ebay guys contact details, i think i have it saved at home, can post it later tonight.

All the best
Pete

Last edited:
^ No idea, but I have had my Bilsteins for about 140,000km's now and there stilling going great.

Koni is another great brand to, consider them aswell.

Latest posts

Back