Air Vent ? Am I missing a cover at the back

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy54

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Nissan d40 ST.

I had the tub removed at the dealers as I was having a work canopy fitted to the back.

I have recently noticed that the air vent behind the backseat of the dual cab has only thin rubber on it and would allow water to get in from the outside.

Should I have some sort of other protection from the weather covering this vent? The vent is on the back left hand side of the truck near the diesel filling pipe.

See photo
billy54-albums-new-suspension-picture1151-img-0806.jpg

Last edited:
Nope thats what they are really. Looks like it should have something more substantial but its just thin rubber flaps .

On the other side of the cab is some weird piece of rubber half way up the back of the canopy. Absolutely no function at all from what I can work out

Thanks Aussie Frontier I have posted a photo now.But you have answered my ??? Thankyou But would water get in through this vent into the cabin if I drove through a creek?

Last edited:
In theory they are meant to be like a 1 way valve to relieve pressure out of the cab when you close the doors with all the windows up. I actually ran cables thru mine as there is bugger all other places to run thicker cabling.
As to water getting in I dare say its possible. never thought of it. In theory they should stop anything coming in as the flaps only let air out.

Just had look at it in the parts manual. Doesn't really indicate either way. Show's that it clips in and should be removable from the top. If that helps.

Mines slightly different to that but it's pretty much the same. As Aussie says water would get in but it would really only be under submersible conditions, rain water and water from the road would pose very little threat to it under most conditions.

Latest posts

Back